LED Gauge Cluster

Madness

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread revival, Had dumb question for the 521. Seems like it has two different sizes for the twist locks, standard size for the warning/blinkers, and bigger ones for the actual gauge lights, am I correct? Where is a good place to get them? Previous owner lost them.

Also a bit hard to tell but this is from when I redid my 510, shaky pictures are shaky.

before

156148_1669389770472_1109180266_1870799_6413415_n.jpg

After

156760_1669389890475_1109180266_1870800_1096657_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Before:

DSC03502.jpg

After:

DSC03674.jpg

Hey, I'm new here this is actually my first post...but anyways, I was curious if you could list up which LEDs you got for the 620 cluster/with tach? I don't know which are wedges and which are twist bulbs......

• Like 2

That is awsome on my list of to doos soon

now you need a dimmer switch write up

This was posted in my project thread but should be more helpful here.

This write up is for the 521 gauge cluster but should be fairly universal.

First step is to remove the chrome surround and glass which is done by removing several screws on the back side of the cluster.

100_0753.jpg

I bought my LED's from SuperBrightLEDs.com, 2 green 90* viewing angle for turn indicators, 3 red 90* viewing angle for warning lights, and 4 blue 360* viewing angle for the cluster lighting.

100_0761.jpg

Inside the cluster there are green filters that you have to remove (especially if your going to change the color)

100_0755.jpg

To remove the filters, carve away at the melted stems on the back side and carefully break them from the cluster.

100_0756.jpg

100_0758.jpg

100_0760.jpg

For the newer models you may not have to do this, they may just have a condom over the bulb.

Now just pull the old bulbs out of the sockets and replace them with your new LED's. Most have a polarity so you may have to flip them in the socket to get them to work. Testing before you put your dash back together.

100_0762.jpg

100_0764.jpg

100_0765.jpg

100_0767.jpg

No use for these anymore

100_0768.jpg

Result

P1010587.jpg

P1010588.jpg

Good luck :thumbup:

Bart

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What size LEDs is everyone using?- 3mm, 5mm, 8mm?

We are buying from SuperBrightLEDs.com...no size references, just ones that fit the 194 wedge style bulb holders that the car came with.

Do these fit in Z clusters?

If the Z cluster has the quarter turn and remove bulb holders with replacable bulbs, then yes they will fit...

• Like 2
  • 10 months later...
Will a nissan 720 dash board with gauges fit in a datusun 720 with gauges... is it a direct replacement? would it fit? will the wire harness work the same? i liek the gauges on the nissan over the datusn

I would think you should search a bit or start your own thread for that question. This thread is for replacing dash bulbs with LEDs.

• Like 1

> question for the 521. Seems like it has two different sizes for the twist locks, standard size for the warning/blinkers, and bigger ones for the actual gauge lights, am I correct?

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure they are all the same size

There are 9 total which take two different wattage bulbs

26260-13200 Bulb Socket twist-lock

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...