LED Gauge Cluster

Madness

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd check first on the tail lights as they may be too bright.But these can be used in places like the side markers to reduce current draw.

Such a thing as to bright of tail lights? Please do explain what your thoughts are on this! I'd like to know if theres something im not thinking of

• Like 1

Too bright? My tail lights are too dim, I think its a safety hazard. During the day you can hardly tell my lights are on in the back. All the other cars my family owns (read newer than 98) you can read just fine.

LEDs have the nice characteristics of consuming less power(watts), and being instant on/off. Some might say the instant on/off is harsh looking, I say its safe.

• Like 1

If your taillights look like you have your foot on the brake at all times,then they are too bright.If there is not enough "difference" between the brake light being on & the turnsignal being able to be seen,this too is a problem.ANd if your taillights are too dim to be seen in day light,you need to FIX them first.If you want to go brighter,later-tehn fine.But just tossing in LEDs is nothing but a band-aid solution.

There may be no issues at all.Hence,i used the phrse "CHECK FIRST".

• Like 1

I completely understand. One of my front parking lights is exceedingly dim compared to the other. This leads me to thing the bulb is dieing or there are connection problems. And I understand not having extremely bright lights. Im not gonna get superbright leds. Moderately bright are just fine. I know the difference in LEDs. My bike light I made myself is 740 lumens. Bright enough I have to angle it down not to blind anyone. I have people tell me they think I am a motorcycle. I have no intent on blinding anyone. I just dont want to be rear ended. Yes bright blinding lights can lead to crashes as well.

• Like 1

If your taillights look like you have your foot on the brake at all times,then they are too bright.If there is not enough "difference" between the brake light being on & the turnsignal being able to be seen,this too is a problem.ANd if your taillights are too dim to be seen in day light,you need to FIX them first.If you want to go brighter,later-tehn fine.But just tossing in LEDs is nothing but a band-aid solution.

There may be no issues at all.Hence,i used the phrse "CHECK FIRST".

Z-Train, thanks for the heads up on that. I wasn't trying to cause trouble here, I wanted to know what you were thinking. And you do make a good point, if nobody can tell the difference between driving lights and brake/turn signals then that would be a serious hazard. Thinking about ordering the correct bulbs for the goon, and just replacing one side, then determining what I should do.

Ill order some rear lights soon, and take pics of both sides. One with LED, one with stock. BTW, my lights are bright enough now and are seen clearly. Was just thinking of a small upgrade & less power consumption.

• Like 1

4 | WLED-xHP5 Wedge Base Bulb | $ 5.95 |

Cool White WLED-WHP5

------------------------------------------------------------

8 | WLED-xHP5 Wedge Base Bulb | $ 5.95 |

Green WLED-GHP5

1 | WLED-xHP10-DAC Wedge Base Bulb | $ 14.95 |

Blue WLED-BHP10-DAC

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

^ Thats something im working on with mine next. I used led strips for those of you whyo remember when i did mine. They run seperate of the main harness. Going to try to do a dimming switch setup and hide it under the dash so it cant be seen because i would like them a lil less bright.

• Like 1

can someone link me to the ones i will need for a 521 on superbrightled ? Please theres sooo many it confuses me...

really? ....

Look thru here i think the OP did a 521 and posted what he used? If not i can help you out.

**Edit

Here is the part numbers he used for the 521 ollz...

100_0761.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...