It really is an infection...Datsunitis

i did some rust repair today while it was nice. my door is kinda funky so i took it off and cleaned it up a bit. just a temporary fix for now till i paint the whole thing.

31477_417594171583_612421583_5361752_6971392_n.jpg

31477_417594176583_612421583_5361753_1938548_n.jpg

31477_417594181583_612421583_5361754_380929_n.jpg

i didnt bother with a picture of the rust converter part but i did do it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So my dad paid for a general diagnostic check on my car. He insisted I have it done before I drive all the way to Canby...it's sweet really. Now I have a bunch of stuff coming and have to try to get it all on with a quickness. My Oil leak is infact the crank seal. He said my water pump and fan clutch are going bad too. Thanks to dislexicdime I have a few of those now so hopefully one will work. I need to replace a brake caliper and have the tie rods replaced too....those are really hard to find for my car by the way. I managed but it wasnt easy. The shop couldnt find them even.

I really hope i can get this all done before Canby.... unsure.gif

My Oil leak is infact the crank seal. He said my water pump and fan clutch are going bad too.

I really hope i can get this all done before Canby.... :unsure:

:thumbup: you can gitRdone! in 1 day w/the right 'tool'

i have a lot more than that to finish.

i took 3 days off to paint, so maybe ill have some primer sprayed over the horrendous... :huh: blemishes :mellow:

no infection is gonna stop the madness thats taken over :frantics:

yea the tie rods arent shipping until the 8th. :( Im having my dads friend do that part though. Hes one of few people that will use parts he didnt order do do this for me. plus he can allign it when he's done. I just hope they get here in time...im not so sure.

for a while they made noise and stopped when i hit the breaks but i hasnt been doing that for a couple months now so i wasnt to worried about that.

the tracking info is saying i wont get my stuff till the 8th and 9th....i hope they make it in time. :unsure:

this is funny... ish..

when i was taking my car into this shop the alt broke on me. the pulley like broke in half. :blink: I got it off ebay from a good seller, it's got a year warranty and all that so im not worried. point of the story, they replace the alt for me there since they kinda had to to run a diagnostic on the car. Now it's overcharging the battery. He said it was the voltage regulator and that he couldnt find another one for the car. I called 3 places in town. All of them could get it for various prices. Brooks had one in stock and cheap so i got it and brought it down. I gave it to the guy and he was like "oh where did you find this" and i said right down the street at brooks :lol:

I dont know what their deal is. I found the tie rods they couldnt too...

this sort of thing is why Im learning to just fix this crap myself.

• Like 1

this is funny... ish..

this sort of thing is why Im learning to just fix this crap myself.

...ish :rolleyes:

good work by you!

ya gotta learn the 50 cars that have the same parts. :lol:

that really messes w/the idiots behing the monitor when you keep mentioning donors.

i like when i need 3 things for the dime and mention 3 different nissans to get the parts. :)

I have been working since 2 to replace the crank seal today. Finally got it done thanks to help from micro and mike ...thanks again guys.

today was probably the worst day this week to have done this. every time i'd start working it would start pouring. it only got nice when i was between things...no matter, it's pretty much done now. Just have to put things back together and it'll be set. I dont have any pictures of the crank seal itself as thats not an easy area to photograph...i do have these though.

29270_432382431583_612421583_5730954_119

Mike has a really cool trick for getting this off biggrin.gif
29270_432382441583_612421583_5730955_697

who doesnt love working in a swampy gravel driveway?!?!?

29270_432382456583_612421583_5730956_504
29270_432382461583_612421583_5730957_330