510 drift??

sick620

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think the 510 coupe and sedan would be fine. maybe just have to do some mods like hand brake lever but other than that. I would choose a sedan or coupe over a wagon mainly for parts support. Wagons would be ok as they have a solid rear end like a corolla.

why on earth would you mess up a coupe.

you gotta mean 2dr.

why on earth would you mess up a classic????? If you had a vintage '70 HEMI 'Cuda, '67 Mustang GT, '70 Chevelle SS, '69 GTO Judge, '69 HEMI Charger, Boss 429 Mustang, Jag XK E type, '66 Corvette Stingray, '70 240Z..... would you drift it????????????????

if the 510 was built and the driver could drift well, why not. But I always have the same sinking feeling when threads like this pop up.

"oh man this dudes going to be selling a chopped up Sr project in 6 months."

I would think if the 510 made a good drift car, you'd see a lot at D. I haven't seen one compete before in LA. youtube search "510 drift" its all a bunch of donuts, no controlled drifts.

PLEASE,PLEASE DONT DO IT!!! sooner than later its gunna find a wall or a curb or another car and its getting harder and harder to find parts for these cars and to be honest it would be cheaper to do a 240sx. just think twice...please :D

yeah it is true 510's are getting sort of scarce. all the ones I see are beat down bad or ruined with bad mods. I have been talking to folks in japan and it is worse there. lots of the cars are rusted out bad or the ones that are clean sell for a lot. as much as a new scion in the states.

why not a cheep 280z or zx,,,find a beat one,, dump the inj,, weld the diff,,, short heavy springs all 4 corners,,,wide 15" steel wheels lo unspring weight,,,sticky low profile tires,,,rear roll bar turned into cage,,, raceing seat and harness,,maybe a fuel cell,,, with a holesaw or plasma cuter can get the desired 50/50 weight,,, and a lot of fun!!

in my math can be built for 2800 to 3000 dollars

dear god.... please dont drift a 510 and esp not a Z :eek:

how good of a drift car would a 510 make?? i am going to build a drift car to use on track. i want to keep it datsun or maybe ae86. i want to keep it underdog for sure. what is the best datsun to drift? 510, 610, goon, what?

if you need to ask that you dont know why a good drift car is a good drift car.

buy an SX, beat the shit out of it with your learning curve. when your capable to drifting a Z or a 510 you woulnt be needing to ask questions like that

Oh look at you mister I'm better than you because I have twice the Dat you have. :D

no no that's not what i am saying! i am saying good thing i have 2 dimes because parts are getting hard to find

It'd work well, but it comes down to driver skill more so than in any other car. The main problem it that 510s don't have quite as much steering angle as some other cars that are used for drifting.

I have almost lost control a couple of time due to lack of steering angle . full lock at 50 miles an hour on a wet day getting a little to greedy and cocky. i have never slid that corner again! scared the shit out of my self!

dear god.... please dont drift a 510 and esp not a Z :eek:

just use zx's and 2+2 :lol:

if you need to ask that you dont know why a good drift car is a good drift car.

buy an SX, beat the shit out of it with your learning curve. when your capable to drifting a Z or a 510 you woulnt be needing to ask questions like that

Who cares what other people think .Im building my 510 to drift cause everytime i go to a local drift event there are 50+ 240sx's. Im doing it cause I want to do it. Everyone around here says your gona wind up wrecking your 510 and I always say so what its my hard earned cash I bought it. Before the car was just sitting in a yard no engine,tranny,interior rotting away and would have been picked up by the city and crushed sooner or later at least this way itll see the road even if its just for a while.