Carlos's 620

Guest DatsuNoob

That valve cover looks familiar, looks like you worked on it a little more too. Looking good. Why did you pull the motor again? Are you gonna have the 1st L20b swapped pit bike;), or just wanting to swap something in with more power? SR, KA?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That valve cover looks familiar, looks like you worked on it a little more too. Looking good. Why did you pull the motor again? Are you gonna have the 1st L20b swapped pit bike;), or just wanting to swap something in with more power? SR, KA?

yah I worked on the valve cover. lol We also fucked it up when we pulled the motor. It'll come out though. as for the motor it was making some strange strange rattles and grinds so I figured I'd pull it. I'm gonna rebuild it lay some paint and and throw on some other goodies I have for it. I am wanting to swap a SR in it but, not this time. In the future I will though. biggrin.gif

strange rattles and grinds.

a too long bolt on the temp housing can push the tite side chain guide into the chain.

or a worn tensioner shoe will cause the slack side to rattle around or a slack side guide botl will reak thus only have one bolt holding it on.

also the chain oiler might be beat up if loose chain(could be hearing that)

fuel pump arm about to fall apart?

take not when removing front cover

strange rattles and grinds.

a too long bolt on the temp housing can push the tite side chain guide into the chain.

or a worn tensioner shoe will cause the slack side to rattle around or a slack side guide botl will reak thus only have one bolt holding it on.

also the chain oiler might be beat up if loose chain(could be hearing that)

fuel pump arm about to fall apart?

take not when removing front cover

Will do I have you're dvd ill watch that thing as im doing it. :D

thanks bud.

Wow can't sleep once again. Took the valve cover, Dizzy, Exhaust, and intake off and holy shit my are valves gunky! Theres like oil or water sitting on the top of one valve thats shut and I don't think thats good. lol. Gonna try to go to bed now. ill update later.

Peace.

• 4 weeks later...
So any updates carlos? I like the whip :)

Finally got the tool for the head bolts.

Got the head off (theres a lip towards TDC) on each cylinder wall.

Just waiting for a nice enough day so I can take the engine outside to turn her over to remove the oil pan and inspect the bearings.

lol how did i miss this thread? fuckin a im even in the damn thing.. hahaha lookin good carlos, i did notice there was no bloody vagina, an also im not layin in it.. haha i bet pullin the engine was ALOT easier this time eh

I thought you knew about it. lol

I't was harder the crank pully was hitting front of the engine bay. we had to turn the engine way to the side to get it out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Up mother fucking date time!

Well it's been 2 years since my last update I decided to have my Mexican friend Phil rebuild the motor and stuff it back in. IMG_0692_zps8tdzqoei.jpg

IMG_0693_zpst5ccypuq.jpg

IMG_0698_zps95lt2ki1.jpg

Current state of the truck is this: PhotoGrid_1400815427278_zpsmxmoko0z.jpg

I had new tires put on the titans ordered ARP wheel studs. Bagging the truck will be in the works after I get it running and driving. 20140603_190005_zpscuvnyeeh.jpg PhotoGrid_1401843192441_zps4ilcb0xy.jpg

• Like 2