• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hey Folks,

Newbie here. I actually signed up a year (or maybe two) ago and kinda lost track of this place.

Here's my silly little 1200. (And of course, my Bulldog)

Stock and nothing special except it's mostly original with the original paint. I actually won Best 1200 at JCCS last year (and I'm still scratching my head over that dubious award)

I plan on restoring it, but it runs so good and is so dependably that I hate to mess with it! (It was daily driver for two years when I worked closer to home) I'm keeping the coupe, but I'm looking for something a little more unique like a RHD Datto, NL320 pickup or similar. (Let me know if something unusual turns up for sale please!)

Anyway, nice to find the place again and I hope to hang out a bit more..

(Mark) Duncan

nikpana.jpg

Forgot to add that I'm in SoCal.

Hey Folks,

Newbie here. I actually signed up a year (or maybe two) ago and kinda lost track of this place.

Here's my silly little 1200. (And of course, my Bulldog)

Stock and nothing special except it's mostly original with the original paint. I actually won Best 1200 at JCCS last year (and I'm still scratching my head over that dubious award)

I plan on restoring it, but it runs so good and is so dependably that I hate to mess with it! (It was daily driver for two years when I worked closer to home) I'm keeping the coupe, but I'm looking for something a little more unique like a RHD Datto, NL320 pickup or similar. (Let me know if something unusual turns up for sale please!)

Anyway, nice to find the place again and I hope to hang out a bit more..

(Mark) Duncan

nikpana.jpg

Forgot to add that I'm in SoCal.

I member this car!

1 year ago around the Alhambra or Whittier area close to a court house. You pulled over in the corner and I think I saw your car. I pulled over and we talked for a while. I told you that I was going to buy one like yours "fastback" but didn't since it had a broken windshield.... Do you member???? I think you pulled over to buy some Winersnitsel....

Well if not... Then glad your on Ratsun!

I member this car!

1 year ago around the Alhambra or Whittier area close to a court house. You pulled over in the corner and I think I saw your car. I pulled over and we talked for a while.

Well if not... Then glad your on Ratsun!

Thanks for the welcome, but I don't think that was me. I did buy the car from the Whittier area, but haven't been in the area with the Datsun since it was purchased.

I don't ever recall eating at Wienerschnitzel since it changed from "Der Wienerschnitzel". I think that must be at least 25 years or so now :)

Awwww.... Did you buy it off an older skinny white guy. He did say he way going to sell it since he had others... Well Welcome!

Actually, I purchased it from a rather portly fellow who worked at a auto repair facility up there. He had worked on it for years for the original owner. The original owner apparently passed away and this fellow ended up with it. It was a very high miler that ran great, but I have replaced/rebuily nearly everything but the motor since I've owned it. I've done all the brakes, steering linkages, clutch, trans, rear end and axle bearings.

BTW, my 1200 has the AMCO fullsize console (with armrest) and came with dealer a/c. The a/c was shot, so I've removed the compressor and the underdash control unit.