Carbed VG30E 2door.

thisisastickup

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE! Finally, another box flared VG car. Would be the twin of mine, if I hadn't changed it from yellow to gray. I see you have adjustable cam wheels now too, nice!

180 to the wheels is not hard with just a little help. I don't know what he's done, but just some port work and headers could probably get you there. Cams can add even more. On the VG34E I'm building we're shooting for ~250, hopefully more. Plus a mountain of torque.

ya i would really be scratching my head if i dont get to 180 the the wheels.. lol.

I did i " clean up " rebuild" , hoaned* the cylinders , new pistons , had the crank done, .... basically just tore it down to add a few more parts that i didnt get around to the first time around :unsure:

I got the adj cam gears to make my cams come alive ( 280 schneider cams ) with a set of their valve springs... i port matched the intake runnders of the heads to the intake manifold and work my exhaust ports over for a few nights. Those stock VG heads have so much restriction and a lot of room to work with!:hyper: any who. the car ran pretty good before i yanked the engine out..so this next time around i should notice a nice increase.

76312_10150298427770430_548860429_15909951_175352_n.jpg

150061_10150301859795430_548860429_15977361_6763110_n.jpg

77154_10150298456630430_548860429_15910190_6618690_n.jpg

Just to pick your brain a little cause I plan on doing a 510 VG30 swap, why did you go with the carb instead of factory injection? was it costly to get the ignition set up? I heard that to run a carb you need a hard to find / expensive dizzy. are you happy you went with the carb?

I have a couple buddys with Z31 cars, and of course modifying engine is always part of the game. I hear them half ass complaining about having to send the ECU off to get tuned, o2 and MAF sensors being weird, injectors/ having to upgrade for more power, ect ect ect... and i just figured if i could eliminate all the BS and cut to the point... old school. FUEL, AIR IN and OUT as fast ass possible, my intake manifold offers that along with my carb.. my 500CFM is backed off even a tad... so rather than swapping out injecters, all i need is a screw driver to add more fuel :D, adj timing , go. My pops and i built the dist... protronics magnetic pickup. I couldent get my sticky fingers on a dizzy dist with vacume advance. they are just so dam rare. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the Saudi dizzy is getting harder to find these days and when found can be quite expensive. I was lucky to have bought mine back when these swaps where rare and only a few knew about the distributor at all. A couple of guys around here also made their own distributors with the Pertronix kits and they worked real well.

I decided to go with injection but I am keeping my dist just in case I change my mind or start another project.

DSCF6481.jpg

• 6 months later...