70 521 FS or trade

yep, the time has come for me to sell her. ive gotta find a more comfortable daily driver that i won't have to fix a lot.

pics can be seen here

http://nwaimports.com/forum/showthre...ghlight=datsun

Pictures in link above.

1970 Datsun 521 Pickup

Lowered, blocks in the rear, cranked down (i think down, idk torsion bar suspension confuses me) torsion bars, spare set of wheels and tires w/ pretty good tires, 70% tread life easy, current tires and wheels are great, no wobbles at high speeds or anything.

Runs awesome, had new plugs, wires and cap like 2 months ago, has been sitting for a little over a month now, but always cranked and never left me stranded anywhere. clutch still grabs awesome, no slip at all. motor does not smoke, probably could use the carb adjusted, it just runs a little rich and idles probably 1-200 rpms more than it should.

heater works, no A/C, but i can show you an awesome little door under the dash that works just as good as A/C when your moving, has a little cigarette plug in fan that works great when your stopped and its hot.

the bad

seat could use redone, not very comfortable, but still works just fine.

needs a shift boot, not a big deal, autozone/orielys sells ones that will work just fine for 10 bucks or maybe a little more.

has a small leak that will be fixed before sale, if it cant be fixed, price will be reduced drastically, its not a blown head gasket, no coolant in the oil and does not smoke like coolant is burning (no smoke at all actually)

2 spots rot (on the front driver side fender and a little on the bed, floor boards are solid, im a bigger guy and they don't bend or anything when i step in it.)

all in all a pretty solid truck for it being almost 40 years old. very unique, ive got thumbs up while driving it and had lots of compliments because its different. only 1 ohter known one in NWA and its not on the road. might be able to pick up a spare bed, haven't check to see if its the same or not.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha I was just fooling around Ted :D I figured since no one else would take the challenge I would. After seeing the pictures I think it may be a was down south.. NWA? I thought that was a rapper group?

• 2 weeks later...

FS/TRADE

NO RUST / SOLID

54,000 original miles

interior is in excellent condition

Previous owner has had it garaged since 1986

needs to put back together

even has original tires / that came with the car when it was new

I do not know a thing about this thing at all and dont like wagons

I have many parts wrapped in original datsun paper from the manu.

i would like to find a 521 truck

you can contact me by yahoo, email or phone

yahoo: ineedmorepower54495

email: ineedmorepower@gmail.com

phone: 715-712-1040

ask for troy

I will try to get pictures posted soon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.