81-83 280zxt

V8Dat

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys. Don't get to the computer much. But my name is Stu Dye. Live in Puyallup Wa. Have a V8 620 and a V8 Z that I do endurance races with. Was racing this weekend at Pacific Raceways and finished 2nd. It was great fun. Would of done better but couldn't get the right tires on the car to fit the conditions. If it was rainiing we were on slicks. If the track started to dry we got caught out on rain tires. Needless to say we had 2 unscheduled stops that killed us.

So how bout them axles. My email. dye2323@msn.com . We are heading to thunderhill for a 25hr event with the Z in Dec. anyone want to join and put up with the punishment?

Probably cancelling in THill because of the axle thing. We have been using the 280zxt axles. And they hold up strong,but the boots tear and the grease goes absent. Which is not good for endurance. So back to the drawing board. And I can't find any spares. But interested in seeing your track car shady280. I need some help truing to post pics. Not sue how.

• 4 weeks later...

The wheels I believe are American Racers. Not sure Id have ti dig up the center caps to see. 620 Pics coming soon. I actually got it running the other day. Its been sitting for about 10 years. Runs like a top. Just need to finish the wiring and find a paint guy.

Was able to machine the outer adapters ofr the 280ZXT axles that I had already purchased for the 930cv. Just need to finish making the inner adapters. Thanks for the input everyone. Will post some pics when I get em done.