How I Found My Datsun

Cruzn620

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad's first car was a '51 Chev, which I thought I would get when I was 16... he sold it in '65 (sigh) But he bought a year old Dodge and what with the HEMI being only a couple of years old at the time and cleaning up on race day, well I became a Mopar guy. This was in the General's back yard near Oshawa, I mean everyone had a Chev. The neighbor across the street, and right next door, both worked at GM. When I was 20 I bought a brand new '70 340 Dodge Dart Swinger 4spd. Handed a lot of Chevys, a face full of tail lights.:fu::fu::fu:

Well... When I was 12/13, I bought my first car, a 71 Chevelle with some body damage. I saved up for a few years, and had the body fixed (new drivers fender, door, and quarter panel), Drove it the summer of my 16th year after I got my liscence. I almost got hit one day because the engine had problems, so I retired it to the garage after my 3rd month of driving it to build a new engine.

So after that, Dad gave me his 78 510 wagon. My grandpa had bought it in the mid80s, drove it around for a bunch of years, and gave it to my Dad for his 35th birthday in '94. I got it in late 01. That was a sweet ride... Was that off-white color, with woodgrain on the sides... Man I wish I would have kept that car nice, I could probably still be driving it... I was a dumb kid, and didn't like the car. My buddies and I would take it out in the woods and rally it, jump it, pretty much anything you can imagine... Well the oil pan got bashed in from so much jumping and the dip stick didn't read right anymore... It said it was full, but it really wasnt... So one morning I checked the oil before I was on my way to school... Full, nice... Took off down the road, about 5-10 miles away from my house it started loosing power, I down shifter into 3rd, and when I pushed the clutch in it locked up.

I pushed the car into the ditch to get it out of the road, and my Uncle happened to drive by. He gave me a ride back to my Dad's shop. Dad took me to school, then he and my Grandpa went and towed the wagon home... It sat for about a year, before I pulled the pan and replaced the rod bearings... Took it out for one last hurrah in the woods, for a school project. My partner and I made a video on safe driving... It was basically a video on what NOT to do... Dont drive fast on dirt roads, dont do burn outs, dont drink and drive, dont jump your car, wear sats belts... stuff like that... Of course for the video purposes, we did all that stuff, with the exception of drinking and driving... I just played like I was drinking, but it was really just an empty beer can we found on the side of the road before we started the video...

I sold the car to a friend for $40 dollars :( That was deffinitelly one of the supider things I've done...

But I tried to blow that car up everyday for like 6-8 months, and I was really impressed with how tough the engine was, so I've been a datsun guy ever since. I've had about 12 Z cars ranging in years from 70-87, most of them being the s30 body style. only 2 s130s, and one z31... 1 210 wagon, 1 320 pickup, 1 pl510 (thats the old one right? 72?), and one 620.

In the next installment, I'll tell you how I got my 620 4x4...

I had just scrapped my Diahatsu Charade and the guy next door offered me the 720 for $100 otherwise it was going to join the Charade. Took us an hour to remove all the building material off it, it was sitting in the front yard next to their house extension.

Well my older brother had an '81 ish datsun 210 or 310 hatchback in about 1988. It was a weird brown maroon color. That car ran so quiet you'd swear the motor wasn't running. I've never heard a car that quiet.

Since I have a renewed interest in Datsuns I've been trying to find a picture, cause I can't remember what car it was. But it was really cool 'till he drove it cross country to CA and crashed it somewhere in texas. He had to leave it there.

I came to my 521 oildrop by looking for a 320 or an old morris minor truck. The minors are frickin rare to find LHD and aren't cheap. So I searched for 320's but in NEw England, you can forget it! I almost bought that green 320 with the V6 stuffed into it that comes on ebay once and a while. I was a phone call away from saying yes, and I saw an ad for a 521 in NH. Came to Ratsun to do some research on 521's. Fell in love. So i made the call. Had not run in 10 years but was garaged its whole life and a texas truck most of that. And it was a 1971. the year my wife and I were born. It was a sign. The price was $500.

Went to see it. Really solid truck, but had no battery, and the brakes and clutch weren't working. So i couldn't hear it run, but he claimed it ran but needed some carb work when he put it up. He thought it would only be put up for a month, not 10 years. Talked him down to $225.

The funest part was loading it on the trailer. Zero brakes, but the emergency brake worked. So we put my wife in there, and me and the PO used small tree trunks the lever it at the bumper 1 inch at a time while my wife pulled the e brake to hold it so we could reposition the levers again. Who know such a little truck would weigh so much!

He had a little tear in his eye when we drove off. Called the truck bubba. But he was retiring down to FLA and trying to sell his house and move on.

I send him an e-mail once in a while when I make some progress.

hell that damn near brought a tear to my eye also, good story.. the po to my truck doesnt deserv to see it.. friggin heroin junkie.. he molsetered my truck :mad:

You know, I told him, "I know I am not paying you alot for this truck, but I love Datsuns. I am not just looking for a cheap car. I want a Datsun. And specifically want this truck. I will take care of it."

I even told him about Ratsun and the huge support network out there to keep these things running. It made it easier for him to let go.

people are suprised when i tell them im in a datsun club.. and that i attend meetings every tuesday night.. i speificly told my boss i HAVE to have tuesdays off because of it.. usualy if anyones doubting my datsun.. i take them for a ride.. then they usualy end up liking it..

i work at a used carlot.. and sometimes i park my truck on the lot.. i've had several people come up and check it out.. then i brake they're heart by saying NOT FOR SALE!! and its MINE!!!!!!! then they get all sad and i cant find nothin else they like.. but im not sellin my truck so they're trippin

My dad bought a light blue '69 521 brand new. Even though we had a car, we would always cram the four of us in that damn truck, my dad driving, my brother in the middle, my mom in the passenger seat and me on my moms lap. I'm 42 so this was way before people really worried too much about seat belts. Since then I've always been a Datsun guy. When I was 15 I started talking to my parents about buying a truck to fix up before I was 16. My mom knew a lady at work who had a 72 1/2 620 with a blown head gasket. I ended up buying it, rebuilding the engine, put VW Rabbit buckets in it, 8 track with headphones and changed it from Kelly Green to Coca Cola red with chrome wagon wheels. I sold it in high school to buy a 65 Mustang fastback. The husband and wife I bought it from were stabbed to death by their adopted son after I went off to college and I think they made it into a tv movie. Since then I've had a 79 KC (sold), two 521 (sold) and currently a 72 521.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine was fairly straight forward. My dad bought a brand new '71 521 at Pacific datsun in San diego before I was born. This was the only car he had to my knowledge until I turned 15 1/2 or so and then said it would be mine. The caveat to all of this was I had to buy it from him for $800. 6 months after my 16th birthday I saw a Jeep CJ-7 for sale and I sold the truck. One of the regrets in life. I had a '72 521 a few yrs later but sold that as well. Now that I am older (read good job, more money) I am going to get another to play with.

• 3 months later...

mine was one of hand me down after hand me down it started with my stepdads roomate who bought the yellow 610 at a used car dealership (we dont knwo who the original owner is) she had it for a while but it was haveing minor problems ( points you know little stuff) when she desided she wanted to get rid of it my dads stepdad told her if she gave him the title she could have a month of free rent so he got it and same as his roomate babied it and always kept the matanance up he had other cars so the datsun didnt get driven all the time well when the motor went out in his mazda he asked my dad and i to do the motor in it when the job was done he looked at my dad and said "want the datsun?" my dad said sure and it became his he then used it as his daily commuter for about a year back and forward to work then we moved to a place about an hour away from his job he drove the datto for a bit but after getting stuck in 9 hours of stop and go traffic he desided a auto would be a better commuter he parked the datsun in the backyard where it sat for 2 years by the time he had stoped driving it i was 16 i had my permit and was going for my licence i had 2 choices in cars i had a 77 buick electra or the datsun i had told my parents i wanted the datsun over the buick (2 door stick vs. 4 door auto for a teenager come on :P) and when i graduated my dad looked at me and said "you have done somthing i didnt congratulations" and handed me the key it was mine since it had been sitting for so long the hydrolics for the clutch and brakes were fried but we went out there with fresh gas and a bttery and she started right up i love my car and will never part with it i would rather live in it then sell it

now i am not really a datsun guy BUT a mopar and VW guy. so heres my story.

I got mine from a freind. we were in a chat room on another site and he asked me if i wanted a datsun. i told him "if its not a 510, i dont want it." he said " oh. well it's a 620." so i looked it up and realized it was my favorite "bulletside" datsun. i have loved the look of these little beasts since i worked for a guy that had a KC. so i told him " i will be up thursday to look at it. fast forward 5 days to thursday. i took my wife, kid, adn my nissan freind up to look at it. as we pulled up to dudes house we all dropped out jaws! that thing was actually pretty clean for a 73. still needs work but i waled away with it for $500. i dont think it will be my last datto.

This is how I got my Datsun...

After I destroyed a Mustang for being young and stupid. I wanted to look for a car that has some nice curbs, was easy to fix and fast. The only thing I could think of was Datsun. 3 years have passed trying to look for a good 510 and well.... It just never came cus the Datsun was either sold, rotten, or way over priced. I then decided that I would have a better chance in fixing the car I totaled and call it quits. One day as I was going home, I saw a really sad Mustang for sale. When I went to go see it, not only was it overpriced but badly rotten and salvaged as well. As I lift the hood up I was praying to see a nice massaged v8 for the price he was asking. But I was greeted with an almost dead inline 6 and a rats nest. The owner then said that he will include a nice v8 engine to transplant that he had inside the garage. I didn't really care anymore, but he was persistent and showed me inside. As he opened the door I was in shock. It was the most abused truck I have ever seen! It smelled awful, the brakes didn't worked, and the engine was bad. But for 300$ she was mine! An ugly 1974 620 pick-up that would never have had a future with out me. She needed me, and I'm here to help her....

1980's I was watching it in the auto trader, I lived in Tampa and the car was in Ft Myers. The owner was a young guy about 20. He was asking $1800 and I called to check it out. He had some drivability problems, intermitent headlights, stalling unexpectedly, squeeky universals and tires that were miss matched. I was working two jobs and attending college at night so I didn't have the money or time to really mess with it, but took a drive to the beach just to see it one day. It was in really good shape body and interior wise with the factory AC package (did not work) and wouldn't need much to be a top notch daily driver. I looked and left without making an offer, didn't have the $1800 anyway.

About 8-9 months went buy, the car was no longer in the auto trader and I got a phone call. It was the father of the guy who owned the car. Said "are you still interested" I'm like "well yea, but didn't have the money then and don't have the money now". He said how much can I pay?, He'd let it go for $1200. His son was not going to be needing a car for a few years, whatever that ment. I talked it over with the wife and decided to take my only afternoon off and drive the three hours to Ft Myers and see about it. I withdrew my last $800 bucks out of the bank and went to Ft Myers in my 82 Sentra, Vinyl, Vinyl, 5spd and the only option was AC. Figured if I made a deal I could park it at my PT Employers location in Fort Myers until I could get it home.

Made the drive, met with the owner's father, he tended to high ball the price so I left. He kept saying make me an offer, I did not want it for over $800. I went about 20 miles and the timing belt broke on the Sentra, so I was stranded. I called the guy back and offered him $600, he said ok, but you have to take the stuff in the garage also.

Got a friend from Camping World (my part time employer) to hustle over with a tow dolly after work and park the Sentra, then bummed a ride from him over two the 510 guys house. Made the deal, fired up the 510 and the guy says " make sure you get the stuff in the garage.

Things were , a good 5spd, set of tokiko 5 way shocks, xtra grill, several universal joints, clutch kit, Weber carb, intake manifold, and a couple of headlight buckets. Loaded everything in my friends truck and drove off. It was about 7 pm and getting dark. Fired up the headlights on the 510 and they did not work. Crap, I've got a three hour drive and no headlights in the dark. It was about dark by the time we got to where the Sentra was parked and I had that "Oh Shit" moment. Needing to leave for work at 6:00 am and I'm three hours from home with two broken cars. We mesed with the headlights, relay, bypassed it, and got the lights to work on low beam. Thank god, I took off for Tampa, left most of the xtra stuff with my friend and in the sentra. I was on I 75 doing about 60 mph, anyting over that with the 1.6 and 4 spd felt like to many rpm's. ran about 15 miles and it died, just lost power and coasted to side of the road. Attempted to restart it and after about 10 minutes it fired and away I went. This repeated its self about every 20-50 miles until I arrived home about 4 am. The wife was not happy and all of the "I was about to call the highway patrol" and where is the Sentra? The bad thing is trying to explain the great deal with her only seeing that I spent our only money on a broke car and have another stranded 200 miles away. I went to bed for an hour or two and got up at sunrise to check out the Datsun. Borrowed a van from the father in law to get to work.

The fuel line (rubber part) had gotten soft and was collapsing under flow and shutting off the fuel to the carb. I installed the weber and replace the fuel line, charged the ac and was off and running the next day.

I got a U-haul tow dolly and the fil's van, went back to FM to retreve the sentra and parts about a week later.

The wife still brings up the 510 buying trip, whenever I start talking about buying an old Datsun. They remember everything forever! :)<a href=datsuncw3bw1.th.jpg' alt='datsuncw3bw1.t

The husband and wife I bought it from were stabbed to death by their adopted son after I went off to college and I think they made it into a tv movie.

:blink:

I wish I had a good story to tell like you guys. While not nearly as interesting, I'll share it, even though you may have read it in my car thread:

I was about 16 or 17 and I was looking forward to getting my license and eventually my first car. Not gonna happen. My dad was sent to Iraq and I had to fend for myself for about 9 months. I didn't have anybody to teach me how to drive or even have a car to let me practice on. So in lieu of having a car I started looking at cars to see what I might like. From the time we moved to California from Tacoma, my dad has owned a Honda. My fav was the '91 CRX SI. So I figured I wanted a Honda. Lucky me, shortly after I turned 18 and got my license I got my first car, a 1991 Acura Integra. Ahh, elegance, luxury, refinement.... right? Hell no. I'm from the central valley! How am I going to get a Honda that's not riced out? Because I want to fix this thing up so it's not a total POS I start doing more research into cars and learn how to turn a wrench. This car came to be known as Pig since it was always dirty because I was always working on it and figured a wash all but pointless.

Somewhere along the line in my searches (prior to owning a vehicle), I come across some pictures of old Datsuns. I have a thing for old cars. And I loved my friend's '87 Sentra Wagon (man I miss that car). We named her Bessie, and she almost got us killed a bunch of times, but it was a great car. Shuddered at speeds over 50 and stalled in fron of semis all the time. But anyway, I saw these pics of something called a Datsun 510, and instantly fell in love. The boxy look, and it's race history, and just everything. This was one of the reasons I got a 91 Teg as opposed to a newer car. I love the boxy cars. So I started looking for one. Couldn't find one in my area/price range (this was before I found craigslist). Finally came across one in the Penny Saver. 1970 Datsun 510. I was super stoked.

So I go to look (by this point, I've had my Teg for about 6 months) and it's at some rinky dink dealership and he dealt with older cars. The 510 he had was from Vegas and used to be some guys racecar. It was pretty beat up. Guy wanted 4k for it. No way no sir. But I did take it for a spin, and man, this thing was awesome. Tiny car, tiny engine, and a 4 speed manual. I loved it, but I couldn't do it. Shortly after life got in the way and my search for a dime got lost in the mix. Fast forward about 2 years and I got the itch. Woke up one day and decided that I had to have one. Sadly, I had school and bills to pay (moved outta the house), so I learned as much about the cars as I could. I lived vicariously through people on the realm.

A year goes by and I moved to Maryland. Left the 91 Teg in storage and my father's 02 RSX was bequeathed unto me. So now I've got this nice car, but the car has no character. Tried to name it, but nothing sticks. So now I'm on the East Coast and the itch strikes. MUST HAVE A 510! On a local car forum some guy had a 1971 510 for $400. Boom, wanted it. Tried to get into contact with the guy and he up and disappeared. Probably for the better it was rusted to hell. So I start looking. Seriously looking. Dimequarterly ads, the510realm classifieds, and craigslist in states up and down the east coast. From this, I met Dave (qwik510) and saw his cars and he showed me one his buddy was working on. His friend was selling it because he had bought a 510 that was already done up the way he wanted. I was super excited to see it. I saw it and I was kinda let down. Still had a lot of body work to do, floor pans needed to be welded in, and I don't remember, but I don't think it had a motor. 2k. No go. I don't have a garage. Where the hell is it gonna go? Plus I can't afford to have stuff welded in. So we left.

'Bout 3 months later I see an ad on Dimequarterly for a car in North Carolina. I get into contact with the guy. After a few emails and phone calls, I decide that it's the car for me, just needed to gather the funds. Luckily my mom and her boyfriend saw how infatuated I was with the car and gave me the money as a 21st birthday/xmas gift. No xmas for me? Who cares! I'm about to own a 510!!! It was better any xmas gift I could get anyway. I think I cried a little bit when they gave me the money. So I picked up more hours at work so I could afford the trip. Flew to North Carolina to pick up the car and drive it back. I sat and talked with the guy for about 3 hours about the car and 510s in general. His father was a Datsun guy and he kinda got it from his dad. I learned that he had about 7 510s at one point. The one I was getting was his last one. He was getting out of 510s and and had sold/scrapped (mainly scrapped if I recall correctly) the other ones. Gave the guy his asking price, $2005, and I was a happy camper on my way home. I don't know what was up with the 5 bux, but he wouldn't budge.

If I had been able to predict the future, I woulda brought a truck and trailer with me, but hey, hindsight is always 20/20. Start making my journey home. Things are great! Seeing as I had a good 8 or so hours of driving ahead of me, I decided to stop for the night. I visited my mom's friend's daughter in Johnson City, Tennessee and stayed the night. Woke up bright and early the next morning and headed out. Got a full tank of gas and was on my way. Then things go wrong. I'm on I-81 heading back to Maryland. About 60 miles east of Bristol, VA, I hear a loud clang and crunching type sound. First thing through my mind "Uh-oh, that can't be good." And then "Shit shit shit shit, fuck fuck FUCK!!!!" Pull over and pop the hood. Steam everywhere. Car starts (begrudgingly) and dies unless gas is applied. Not good anyway you look at it. So I start making phone calls. Tow trucks, u-hauls, family, friends, the whole gamut.

3 hours later a tow truck finally shows up. Come to find that I'm pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Guy figures it might just be a blown headgasket. Woohoo! I'll be back on the road in the morning! Stay in some podunk hotel for the night anticipating the next day. Next morning, I get a phone call. I very somber sounding tow truck driver tells me the diagnosis. Nice big hole in the side of the block. I cried. I'm not gonna lie. I cried like a little baby. I'm 400 miles from home and I'm broke. Get a taxi and head to u-haul to get a truck and dolly. $330 on my credit card when I wasn't sure if it would be approved. Luckily, it went through. Only truck they had was a 17 foot trailer. Great. Get to the shop, pay the bill $230 for the tow (thankfully, mom's bf covered that, he woulda covered u-haul too but they actually need the card to charge it), get the car, and head out. The whole time, the tow truck guy and even the shop guys are creaming over the car, which made me feel a little bit better.

Fast forward about 3 hours. I need coffee and cigs. I'm tired, upset, and thirsty. Pull into a Starbucks in some town. Park it and head to the nearby gas station and then into Starbucks for some coffee. Try to leave... no go. Tiny parking lot + 17 foot trailer + towdolly w/510 = backup from hell. So I'm trying to get this monstrosity out of this lot for about 20 minutes before somebody decides to help guide me out. Once again, passersby and people I talk to dream over the car, more smiles from me. Half an hour later I'm back on the road. Little while later I pull off into some podunk town to get some gas, use the restroom, and get something to drink. Come out of the gas station and some guy is sitting there looking at my car. Asks me if I want to sell it. HA! After the past couple days I've been through, no way no sir. Any other person might've said fuggit and sell her. But this was my dream car and it was mine forever. So he goes on for about 45 minutes going on about how he had one back in the day and he regrets having sold it. I go on to tell him about the realm we exchange information. I tried to hook him up with some ads and such other stuff, but I guess he wasn't all that into, because I haven't heard back from him. Oh well. Back on the road!

Finally get into town. Go to mom's bf's house to drop off the car. Unhook 'everything' and try to get the car off of the dolly. Won't budge no matter what we do. I figure It'll start, so I'll drive it off and into his garage. Still won't move. Stupid me, didn't undo the chains. DURRR. No wonder it wouldn't move. Finally get it off and close to the driveway when it decides that it's not going to run anymore. So between the 2 of us, we push this damn car up a hill, over the stupid lip on the sidewalk, and up his driveway which has a great incline to it. Takes us almost an hour to get in the garage. There the car sat for about 2 months before I got the nerve to start tearing it down to fix it up. It still resides in his garage, but now it runs! Kinda. Battery doesn't wanna cooperate anymore, so that has to be alleviated.

Sorry for writing a novella, but once you start writing, things just take off.

My dad bought the pumpkn about 5 years ago for $40. He replaced the gasket and traded it to the neighbor for an auto honda car for my sister to drive. 3 years later my sis bought it back from the guy, WAY beat up! Her boy-idiot-friend drove it for about 6 months before I forced her to sell it to me for $250, she paid $200. It has been in my abusive care ever sence.

my story is simple. dattos have been in my genes. my dads first car at 16 was a 510. he has owned 40-50 dattos over the years. the first memory of working on a motor was when i was 7 helping putting in valve spring clips on an L20 while my dad compressed them. i bought my NL320 when i was about 10. now 4 more dattos later and at 21 years old, im still in it.

• 4 weeks later...

I was learning how to drive and my gradfather on my dads side of the family bought me a 88 dodge k car to learn to drive in, living out in the country my grandfather on my moms side of the family thought that this would be better, this is before I slammed it

DatsunHome002.jpg

That is my 79 that I drive daily, My grandfather was the second owner, i am the third, it has almost 300k on the clock and is on the org engine. My second 620 is a really funny story, heres what it looks like as of right now

620project1.jpg

620project.jpg

This is a 73 that I traded a 12pack of coors light for in high school, the inside is all stripped and the guy was gonna build a dirt track truck outta it, it was supposed to be a parts rig, I never got around to stripping it, I joined the navy at 17 and the truck has pretty much sat untouched where it is today for the last 10 years, after my parents got sick I moved back home to help take care of them and the house I told myself that I was gonna build a hot rod...my parents thought it was a good idea....until i told them i was gonna use the old 73 to do it..I am dragging it into the garage next week and tear it down to the frame and go from there

well my datsun story is not dramatic or crazy or anything like that. my story is simple. My dads mechanic and tax client (dad is a CPA) for the past 20 plus years, decided to go to his native homeland of Peru. He had bought this gorgeous 1974 Datsun 710 from the dealer here in Torrance, CA. He then held it and drove more than 300,000 miles on the L18. So when he made the decision to move he asked my dad so now what do I do? My dad being a finacial specialist he is told exactly what to do and how to do it...and to sell a few cars. He had like 4 cars. So he took the advice and I was friends with his grandson ever since we where born. And his grandpa used to always drive us everywhere in that 710. So honestly I didnt want the car much less pay attention to what it was. I knew it was Datsun and thats it. So then about 2 years ago my dads friend came to my dad with a offer, to buy the 710 because he trust that my dad would keep it and store it and love it, etc. So it was sold for 1,000 dollars...EXTREMLY UNDER SOLD. He could have sold it for 3,000 or even give it to his grandson as HIS car. But he didnt because he was scared that his grandsons family would sell his precious little Datusn. The car the next week landed into my hands. And gosh was I in for the next 2 years of DATSUN LOVE AND DATSUN HISTORY! Im now such a huge Datsun fan I really love Imports and I always have but now it touchs home. So now 2 years later the car has 80hp 90torque drives like hell....and seriously i have a great cop story to tell about the respect that Datsun demands. Well now im happy driving it around scaring the shit out of people because of a new exahust system that sounds like hell and its really all bark not too much bite unless on the freeway in thrid at 3,000rpms doing 100 sounding like where doing 150...but yea now the car is mine after about 3,000 invested i get a lot of looks and get asked lots of questions...ill tell you the cop story if you actually give a darn

well my datsun story is not dramatic or crazy or anything like that. my story is simple. My dads mechanic and tax client (dad is a CPA) for the past 20 plus years, decided to go to his native homeland of Peru. He had bought this gorgeous 1974 Datsun 710 from the dealer here in Torrance, CA. He then held it and drove more than 300,000 miles on the L18. So when he made the decision to move he asked my dad so now what do I do? My dad being a finacial specialist he is told exactly what to do and how to do it...and to sell a few cars. He had like 4 cars. So he took the advice and I was friends with his grandson ever since we where born. And his grandpa used to always drive us everywhere in that 710. So honestly I didnt want the car much less pay attention to what it was. I knew it was Datsun and thats it. So then about 2 years ago my dads friend came to my dad with a offer, to buy the 710 because he trust that my dad would keep it and store it and love it, etc. So it was sold for 1,000 dollars...EXTREMLY UNDER SOLD. He could have sold it for 3,000 or even give it to his grandson as HIS car. But he didnt because he was scared that his grandsons family would sell his precious little Datusn. The car the next week landed into my hands. And gosh was I in for the next 2 years of DATSUN LOVE AND DATSUN HISTORY! Im now such a huge Datsun fan I really love Imports and I always have but now it touchs home. So now 2 years later the car has 80hp 90torque drives like hell....and seriously i have a great cop story to tell about the respect that Datsun demands. Well now im happy driving it around scaring the shit out of people because of a new exahust system that sounds like hell and its really all bark not too much bite unless on the freeway in thrid at 3,000rpms doing 100 sounding like where doing 150...but yea now the car is mine after about 3,000 invested i get a lot of looks and get asked lots of questions...ill tell you the cop story if you actually give a darn

I wanna hear the cop story now :D