PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

I have started running ethanol free gas in my carbed  stuff. Especially the fill up before winter storage. 

Found 2 stations local to me whare I can get it. 

Unfortunately our fuel is all 10% ethanol here in Northern AZ.

I'll just start / drive it more often to keep the gas "fresh".

• Like 2
On 4/7/2020 at 7:41 AM, datzenmike said:

I think there is ethanol free up here, but mostly up to 10% mix but I've never heard of any problems with separation or fouling from it sitting. I bought a 620 box from the wrecking yard. It had the attached fuel tank and the cap was off because I stole it 2 years before. The box was there at least 5 years. I dumped out about 4 gallons and ran it through a filter, it was the brightest piss yellow color. Put it in my 620 and it drove perfectly fine and I was watching for problems. I don't know why the US has so much problems with their fuel when stored. $50 for the box and over $20 back from the gas in it.  

It was in a tank and you ran it through a filter. 🙂 

It's not so bad for larger motors in cars, especially if they are constantly used.

But I learned the hard way, that gas in a mower or chainsaw over a couple winters kills carbs. 

• Like 1

Sat for at least 5 years in the wrecking yard and 3 with the gas cap off on the side, in the rain and snow of Vancouver Island. It was BRIGHT yellow like a fog light lens. I used a gas filter on a hose and a kitchen funnel. Wayno posted a picture of a container of gas that had separated from sitting. Have never seen or heard of this here. I'm at sea level if that means anything. I drove it and was expecting something but nothing at all happened

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I like the looks of the grill Mark.  One suggestion would be to get some expanded metal to put in behind the grill to protect the radiator from rock damage.  Unique nailed.

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

I like the looks of the grill Mark.  One suggestion would be to get some expanded metal to put in behind the grill to protect the radiator from rock damage.  Unique nailed.

Thanks..i may add a few sections with the dimple die holes later..radiator is safe for now..its sitting in the driveway 😜

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Charlie69 said:

We had to have our hose treated because it had termites.   They like the AC!  LOL

so you have to have your hose treated huh? sounds like a person issue...lol    i know you meant house