If you've got to customize.. do it like we did in the 70's!

73super

my parents were born in 55.

me in 83.

have i ever seen you driving around northridge? ive seen a very well maintained yellow 620 driving by csun, from your pics i think it was yours...

More than likely not mine...I live on the other side of L.A.( out in Chino)..probably just a coincidence..Only time my truck has been out that way was to Thousand Oaks last Xmas..(brother in law)...nice to know someone has a good lookin Yellow one out there tho.... Ron

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, i havent seen that truck in about 6 months and coincidently i saw it today parked nearby my house. im sure it wasnt yours now cuz the datsun logo on the tailgate was painted yellow and matches the rest of the truck. heh, speak of the devil....

Uh oh....man that is so nostalgic for an ol fart like myownself.....

That there stuff is back to High School for me...'member I got my

first Drivers License in 1957...that might be before some of your parents were born!!!..I do remember most of those cars and most of everything else that was shown!!..Good grief.I AM TOO OLD FOR THE ROOM!!!! LOL

Never too old... at least I HOPE you're never too old...:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Doesn't have to be a Datsun 8-track. In fact most guys back then installed under-dash units. You should have seen the huge 8-track monster that I mounted in my CJ5... it was suppose to be a floor mount unit, but I bolted it to the dash..

OK, I think I got carried away. I wasn't expecting to win all these auctions on Ebay... I now officially have over 100 8-tracks.. Guess I'd better start listening.. Some pretty interesting artists as well. Next project will have an underdash 8-track player (got one of those now too)... Ha! Groovy baby! :D

i love a lot of those older stylings. im kinda mixin old school with new school on my mazda. long shag, canopy, soon to be walkthru and tilt bed.

62200630626PM36181.jpg

its an old picture of mine but you get the point

2282007120253PM56031.jpg

Well at least that makes me feel al little better about today's youth. I like the inside of your cab.. very retro. I also like your canopy shell... I need to find a solid one like that with no windows for my 620.

Nice job! :lol:

ok... pull my arm:rolleyes:

i was wonderin when someone would ask bout that. had it for about 10 years but havent really done much with it. just kinda torn on what to do with it. been wantin to just restore it and lower a little. but after seein the blue one grace the pages of Minitruckin, i really want to bag and stock-floor body drop it. dont worry, body would stay completely stock but i would have to cut into bed and frame. the real dilema is i dont know if i can physically allow myself to cut into it:eek:

2005790104681298064_rs.jpg

2006161784849984805_rs.jpg

• Like 1
ok... pull my arm:rolleyes:

i was wonderin when someone would ask bout that. had it for about 10 years but havent really done much with it. just kinda torn on what to do with it. been wantin to just restore it and lower a little. but after seein the blue one grace the pages of Minitruckin, i really want to bag and stock-floor body drop it. dont worry, body would stay completely stock but i would have to cut into bed and frame. the real dilema is i dont know if i can physically allow myself to cut into it:eek:

2005790104681298064_rs.jpg

2006161784849984805_rs.jpg

Very cool.. how 'bout putting some hooks on the bed?... ha.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Love it or hate it, You've got to appreciate the talent in crushed velvet interiors of the 70s and 80s. I plan to do Wasserman's Wonder up in blue C.V. and just purchased 20 yards. In "surfing" for C.V. ideas I ran across this a little bit ago. Check out these ideas!!!

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t365915-0.html

• Like 1

Sorry,but a white header,pistol grip shifter from a 70 'Cuda,painting it Plum Crazy and Polished slots are all i'm prepared to do.I still have nightmares about lime green shag carpeting.

But i remember the bumper stickers on vans that said:"don't laugh-your daughter might be in here".:eek:

• Like 1
how many sheep dogs got skinned for that??? damn i miss my first rabbit and its fur dash! :lol:

im the reason they cant find sasquatches body.:D i couldnt find more recent pics but the a pillers, column, visors, and door pulls also got shag on it. i removed it all though because the dash sun faded really bad to purple.

• Like 1
  • 6 years later...