Rising sun?

sick620

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick-rat

I don't think it really matters which direction the coil/ballast is pointing, just to be safe make sure the power comes in the top and out the bottom if vertical so the electricity will flow better

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Those air filter pieces you did turned out really nice Ratwagon, it looks good!

I did this one last night and put it on this morning

IMG_1755_zps09db8305.jpg

^First sanded and painted the entire flap red

IMG_1761_zps2b7c6851.jpg

^360 degrees in a circle, 32 stripes. Each stripe gets 11.25 degrees

IMG_1764_zps5aa08336.jpg

^Finished product, super happy with it!

May end up doing the mirrors like that as well, or maybe just the driver's side mirror.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

The rising sun image most Ratsuners use is the Naval rising sun not the Army. Countries most oppressed by the Japanese (China, Korea) have the most intolerance for it. Veterans who are upset by it are becoming very scarce in N America and soon will all be gone along with their anger. So what's left? Time heals all wounds.

With a name like Kim Dongwoo (Korean I assume) I would guess he has been influenced by his parents or grandparents and is culturally biased against the Japanese. There is little love lost between Korea and Japan for centuries.

• Like 1

None that I can see as far as using them, visually the naval one is nicer looking.  Wikki says US forces use then in Japan. As far as Kim Dongwoo is concerned he can come look at my 'Rising Sun" Ratsun sticker on my Datsun and then piss off. 

• Like 1

If you were not directly affected by a rising sun flag then you were taught to dislike it. Most old vets are in homes so I don't think I'll offend them much, not my intent anyway. When they are all gone it won't matter much. I Google imaged the rising sun flag to confirm that it is the naval one I have and one thing led to another.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone tried doing a ghosted flag? I'm thinking of wrinkle paint black flag, then satin black over the top of it, shoot some clear on it and call it a day. In my head I see a textured finish that you would almost have to be right on top of to see. Any thoughts?