Harbor Freight 20%off coupons

72 327

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ok Boys new 20% it seems that it is changing the dates automatically so until its not working this is the link.

Included is the image and the code that you would need to copy and paste in your browser.

20_c.jpg

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/MagazineLanders/5-outdoor/images/20_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Ok Boys new 20% it seems that it is changing the dates automatically so until its not working this is the link.

Included is the image and the code that you would need to copy and paste in your browser.

20_c.jpg

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/MagazineLanders/5-outdoor/images/20_c.jpg

BTW... and if everybody already knows this then I'll shutup... but if you strip back the URL to the images folder:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/MagazineLanders/5-outdoor/images/

It shows all the coupons from the coupons page.

oh, and the buttons and whatnot, but you don't care about the buttons :)

• 2 weeks later...

YEE thanks for the coupon! 15 dollar Timing gun + 20 percent off = 11 dollars after tax!!! woot thanks!

haha i just bought that thing and i'm now searching for my receipt.... Am I just totally inexperienced with timing lights or is the light dimmer than all crap? I couldn't see it more than a few inches away outside in the shade today... maybe it's just for night? Should we start a little mini thread on our opinions of what HB tools are worthwhile and which ones arent? hmmm....ok i cant resist sharing a quickie list of what to stay away from at all costs (because i do frequent the freight):

soldering gun - totally worthless.... just get a Weller

almost any of their power tools... like the dremel or palm sander are terrible....but i've heard decent stuff about some air tools.... like the cheap-ass die grinder seems to be ok, as well as the brad nailer, if you take it apart and lubricate it before using it.

drill bits - unless it's just for ROUGH woodworking only

mini screwdrivers - they just bend and break. kind of hilarious actually

knockoff quickgrips - up in the air. Will probably work for most purposes, but will absolutely break at some point.... don't be surprised. Quickgrips are muuuch stronger.

Oh and by the way I'm not one of those guys who just reads crap on the internet and repeats it as his own opinion. :P I have a looong history with harbor freight. However, I have no experience with any of their automotive stuff. I'm curious now how well calibrated the torque wrench is, since the little manual says that it's spec'd for +/- 4%.. hmm.... percent of what? if it means percent of the range of the wrench, which is 150, then an 8% deviation is like 12 ft/lbs right? I'm imagining it's worthless already haha. Anyone else ever use it?

.... Am I just totally inexperienced with timing lights or is the light dimmer than all crap? I couldn't see it more than a few inches away outside in the shade today.

Yeah that thing is pretty dim but it DOES work at least.

I bought one of the hand held grinders and I've already got allot of use out of it but had to take off the guard cuz it was too small for the right size disks. I have a line feed welder and an arc welder. Both are ok for the price.

• 11 months later...

As with everything in life, you get what you pay for. I avoid any HF gear that has precision or safety critical parts as I have experienced failures, but they are great for generic stuff like jackstands, tarps, gloves, goggles, jacks (but jacks do not qualify for the 20% Off coupons), creepers, etc

As with everything in life, you get what you pay for. I avoid any HF gear that has precision or safety critical parts as I have experienced failures, but they are great for generic stuff like jackstands, tarps, gloves, goggles, jacks (but jacks do not qualify for the 20% Off coupons), creepers, etc

I dunno, I used the 2 ton jack stands under a Plymouth valiant and watched one start to bend! I can show you a picture of it. Scared the shit out of me. I'd only use them on tiny cars.

I dunno, I used the 2 ton jack stands under a Plymouth valiant and watched one start to bend! I can show you a picture of it. Scared the shit out of me. I'd only use them on tiny cars.

Good point. I use four of their 2-tons under a 2000# car, so I guess I went with overkill.

Chinese cost, Chinese quality. Wish all my tools said 'Snap-On'...

There have been 20% off coupons in the free "This Week" newspaper by the Oregonian in the smart source coupon section. Been in there the last few weeks. Good till sept.... Worth a look.

• 1 month later...

Good point. I use four of their 2-tons under a 2000# car, so I guess I went with overkill.

Chinese cost, Chinese quality. Wish all my tools said 'Snap-On'...

Even with the expensive jack stands, we still use 6-7 ton jack stands for use with our 3400Lb race cars. We use them too much to even come near the load limit just for safety reasons.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It can definitely connect pieces of metal together, but it won't be pretty. Expect to do a LOT of clean up grinding afterwards. A buddy got one and we found that MAX would blow most welds on sheet metal through, and MIN would generally spatter all over the place. It's pretty awful.

• 5 months later...