slodat's 510

slodat

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The flange on the probe turbo is square 4 bolt pattern. if your manifold is a rectangular pattern, chances are it is a t2 or t3 flange. if you could post up the measurements between the holes/studs from center to ceter, i'm sure that between Ice, Bleach and myself, one of us will have the answer. I think ice has a t3 turbo floating around in his truck that gave him to give to bleach maybe he would be so kind as to measure the hole distances and post them up

It's about --> <-- that much between centers.

I sealed up my EFI gas tank tonight. I am sick and tired of the damn carb. I need to go pull a Z31 throttle body and a couple bits of a Z TB so I can keep the mechanical linkage.

Then, it's a matter of mounting the fuel tank and manifold. I'll probably take a few weeks getting the EFI going because I have other shit to do.

Oh, a friend of mine used to work at http://extremeintercoolers.com. Apparently I can get a custom IC made up there, for not a ton of $$ - maybe $300-400.

Problem is, the IC will be different for the L20b. I'm starting to think more and more about a damn SR!

Problem is, the IC will be different for the L20b. I'm starting to think more and more about a damn SR!

haha I love my sr's :D

There are way to many options for a 510, just in the Nissan family.

hey slodat, I think I messaged you on MSEFI once about an MS setup I am doing on a boosted Hardbody(ka24e) pickup. Anyway, I have an intercooler from extreme turbo systems(aka extreme intercoolers) and maybe for some MS tuning help we can do a trade of some sort, eh? I have the truck running but ignition is STILL controlled by the factory ECU and I am having an overly rich condition with this MS tune I have now. My WB 02 is reading lean though, but the burning eyes tell me it running very RICH. lol. Hit me back through a PM or in this post and whatnot. BTW, I am in vancouver so its not super far from ya but the truck is all the way out in Battle ground :(. peace.

Here's a few photos for you photo freaks!

The first photo is the stock L18E throttle body. It is puny.

The rest are a JDM L18E intake manifold with a stock idle air control valve, connected to a throttle body spacer which apadapts a 60mm 240SX throttle body and TPS. The adapter is a Z car part, but fits perfectly!

This thing is going to turn out pretty slick. I paid $39 for the spacer and $41 for a throttle body with TPS.

I need to adapt the bell crank to use the stock linkage - no throttle cable!

I got the fuel rail with the intake. All I need now is the fuel line. Nelson at AMI uses a plastic line of some sort that is made for EFI fuel line. Easy to route and cheap. That is what I plan on using.

02-09-07_1714_thumb.jpg

02-09-07_1717_thumb.jpg

02-09-07_1715_thumb.jpg

02-09-07_1716_thumb.jpg

It is some sort of plastic or pvc or something. Seems like it would be super easy to work with. Maybe the hard line isn't so difficult??

I want to run a new return line also, so they are in the same spot in the engine bay - clean!

Fuel lines are really all I have to do besides installing the pieces!

It is some sort of plastic or pvc or something. Seems like it would be super easy to work with. Maybe the hard line isn't so difficult??

I want to run a new return line also, so they are in the same spot in the engine bay - clean!

Fuel lines are really all I have to do besides installing the pieces!

I rebent the stock line to a new location with my new line. I will admite they are the sexiest lines in the world but for the price they are just fine. I could of make them cleaner if I would of bought a tubbing bender and bought straight fuel line. The fuel line I bought was coiled up, aka "straight" is not very straight. I only paid like 5 or 10 bucks for the line so I couldn't complain. If I do it again I will invest in the straight lines so the install is cleaner.

On my way to my shop....

I got the throttle body sorted out yesterday while I was waiting for the Iceman to show up. I managed to keep the integrated return spring and make the mechanical linkage functional. It's looking pretty clean!!

Next step is the fuel system. I once made fun of guys that use the AN fuel line stuff. Until I had to lay out a fuel system. I am only doing the fuel system once! So, I'm doing it right the first time. That means proper adjustable fuel pressure regulator, -6 AN line and fittings and fuel filter.

It's going to be a little expensive, but it will supply the turbo I am planning to run.

I'm running a Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR and all AN -6 line and fittings.

Lots of parts arrived today!

Innovate LC-1 wide band O2 controller with XD-16 display

All of the following new from Nissan:

Trunk seal

Clutch slave cylinder - made of steel not aluminum

Clutch disc and throw out bearing

Roadster pressure plate

Transmission mount

The quality of the Nissan parts is amazing compared to what the aftermarket offers. They cost more, but they are much better quality!!

Now, I have to get all of the fuel system stuff. I've decided to run the -6AN stuff.