slodat's 510

slodat

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coo! sounds like using the EDIS module is a bit easier? Possibly more reliable? When do we get to see some pics of the trig. wheel and VR mounts? I would really like to see those! Or perhaps a look at it in real life would be even better.

Coo! sounds like using the EDIS module is a bit easier? Possibly more reliable? When do we get to see some pics of the trig. wheel and VR mounts? I would really like to see those! Or perhaps a look at it in real life would be even better.

I think EDIS is a no brainer.

EDIS has a limp home mode so if the ECU fails, it will still have spark. It defaults to 10deg advance if the ECU signal is not present.

You guys should come down here Saturday and go on our cruise!!

I thought that was you!

Here's a couple shots of the VR sensor and 36-1 wheel. Worked out pretty slick. The VR is a Crown Vic cam sensor.

I'm seriously gonna order my MS when I get paid on wednesday.

P.S what was that KA link you gave me earlier? I want to finish reading it but I forgot to book mark it.

I think EDIS is a no brainer.

EDIS has a limp home mode so if the ECU fails, it will still have spark. It defaults to 10deg advance if the ECU signal is not present.

You guys should come down here Saturday and go on our cruise!!

I want to but I got stuff I have to do, I will go to your next event for sure. It will be easier to plan around events now that we have the calendar :)

I thought that was you!

Here's a couple shots of the VR sensor and 36-1 wheel. Worked out pretty slick. The VR is a Crown Vic cam sensor.

how did you mount the wheel to the pulley? Looks sick. I want one

Yes that was me. oregon cops are cool... NOT!

Yea, we had a lil fun that day for sure!

I had a friend with a lathe turn the inner (smaller) pulley down to a flat, creating an interference fit with the EDIS wheel. Freezer & oven, presto chango, they were mated up.

That is cool! So is the turbo going on? (fingers crossed)

I don't know. The current project is getting a stronger trans in the car. The dogleg is perfect and I want to sell it. I just ordered an Experimental Engineering trans x-member today. I had offered the turbo manifold to a friend in trade for the Roadster clutch stuff, but I haven't heard back from him.

I'm not sure about the turbo thing. I'm not much of a turbo guy. In order to run > 6-7# on an L motor, you have to do a lot of stuff to it - o-ring the block , etc. I have a forged bottom end(at least that's what the PO said). I just want a CLEAN engine bay with the L20 in it. So, I'm saying, no I don't want to do a Turbo L.

If I do a power adder, it will be a blower. Not the hightest priority.

Here's the current list of stuff I'm trying to get done in the next little while:

• EFI - a lot closer now that I have an intake.
  • Completely clean up all of the wiring
  • Drop the engine 1/2" or so (easy, just have to do it)
  • Build my exhaust
  • Swap in the 620 5 speed, roadster clutch
  • Dynamat the entire interior
  • weld up the sun roof hole in the roof
  • Battle Version adjustable/heim LCA adjusters
  • center the front x-member, re-align the car

I'm not sure about the turbo thing. I'm not much of a turbo guy. In order to run > 6-7# on an L motor, you have to do a lot of stuff to it - o-ring the block , etc. I have a forged bottom end(at least that's what the PO said). I just want a CLEAN engine bay with the L20 in it. So, I'm saying, no I don't want to do a Turbo L.

You have 5 L motors! as Nike would say... "Just do it"

I bet if you run a turbo you will be sold. :D I know I was haha