Ratsun Bikes!

I'll start.

1964 Sears Freespirit 26"

Custom made Ape Hangers

Customized OCC Stingray triple trees

Kenda Flame tires

Cheapo springer seat (comfy but will be replaced with a banana seat)

Its lowered an inch, but will be lowered more once I decide how I will do it.

P1010197.jpg

P1010198.jpg

The old look

Picture211-1.jpg

Picture214-1.jpg

1961 Sears Spaceliner 26" (pretty rare bike, but I've sold it)

Lowered 2.5"

Custom bars

Fat tires

Picture212-1.jpg

Picture210-1.jpg

Homemade 20" suspension scooter

Picture217-1.jpg

Custom built kids chopper

Homemade 20" 'MAG' rim on front

Picture064.jpg

Picture127.jpg

:cool: :D :blink:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very Ratsun...

IMGP1776.jpg

It's from the last year I really raced bikes. Luckily it is one of the better bikes I got from teams. I also have a poo brown Cannondale single speed and a completely stupid fixed gear that is a total death trap (I am so damn trendy!)

Nice thread.

I got a CF frame used as a display then thrown out and a mountain bike carcass (minus wheels) I recently got in the trash as well. I just need a big set of wheels off something and I'm ready to go.

Still haven't decided though whether to go fixie or mt though.

Opinions on that?

Guest DatsuNoob

Fixie? :blink: Please elaborate for those of us who have no idea WTF you're talking about. I'm gonna have to get a pic of my 65 Schwinn Stingray Lowrider on here. Thinking of repainting it to match the truck when the time comes

Ya see that's the thing I prob won't be doing tricks, more of a exercise or here to there in style kind of bike. Mt bike def better suites what I need but imagine how light a fixie with a cf frame would be though, like riding air. Never really thought of doing tricks or anything but with something like that Idk I may be tempted.

Aren't all the ones you posted tech fixies? lol

That 2nd sears one you said you sold is HOT, esp the front fork.

Ya see that's the thing I prob won't be doing tricks, more of a exercise or here to there in style kind of bike. Mt bike def better suites what I need but imagine how light a fixie with a cf frame would be though, like riding air. Never really thought of doing tricks or anything but with something like that Idk I may be tempted.

Aren't all the ones you posted tech fixies? lol

That 2nd sears one you said you sold is HOT, esp the front fork.

Fixed gear has NO freewheel, so when the bike is in motion, the pedals are in motion. Sure the bike would be light... but the wheels don't take much abuse. The frame since it was designed as a MT bike, is gonna have the wrong geometry for a road bike as well... There seems to be a growing trend in MT/BMX bikes too, which is a single speed Mt bike (LIGHT), with 26" wheels and no suspension for tricks and urban riding...

Something 'LIKE' this could be accomplished on the cheap with that frame.

TD26White.jpg

My bikes are not fixies, they're cruisers, with a single speed gear set, and coaster brakes.

Edited by zuum510

I actually don't know what style the cf frame is I'll have to post a pic tom. Definately not a rd bike though, I wouldn't want a rd bike, do go off road from time to time lol. It was just the frame when I found it, then I found a separate mt bike minus the wheels I thought I'd nab to fill in some parts.

Ya thats true about no free wheel, seems like it would be annoying to ride at any distance. I think the middle ground for me is like a 6 gear or something like that, just enough to take the edge off on inclines but not packed with bs.

Klunkers rock! I have been wanting to build me a Klunker style bike for some time and I think this my inspire me!

No, I am not a fixed gear hipster, but I do applaud those that can do it.

I just got this movie and it is a must watch if you like Klunker/Ratsun bikes!

Fixed gear, and single speed road bikes are pointless. Unless you want to look cool to all those fixie douche bags. I don't see how they are superior to multi speed bikes. I pass these fuckers all day long when I'm out riding.

• Like 1
Fixed gear, and single speed road bikes are pointless. Unless you want to look cool to all those fixie douche bags. I don't see how they are superior to multi speed bikes. I pass these all day long when I'm out riding.

Wow...I pass guys all day long in my Datsun that have way cooler cars or trucks. This doesn't make my 1971 521 cooler or better than their Porsche Cayman or their 1956 VW Oval Window Bug...I am pretty sure that the point to any single speed rig would not be that they are faster or "superior" to your bike...there is just something really great about riding a bike without gears...it feels really cool. Beyond that I would say that if you think that they are pointless...than don't get one. :blink:

Some guys spend a ton of time making their bikes really cool in ways that don't make them faster. Some of the most insane custom mods on any car or truck are ones that don't actually improve gas mileage or make them lighter.

Thats what makes old bikes so cool...they were made to actually look classy...despite the fact that the fenders made them heavier, or that the rack was bulky...forget about it....you either get it, or you don't.:cool:

Here is a little contribution to the original intent of this thread....

PA210153.jpg

A couple of project bikes that just keep waiting for me to have time.

1456550-R1-045-21.jpg

An old cruiser that my grandpa used to ride when he was young...rode this thing all over the farm and into town....now it sits

1456550-R1-047-22.jpg

Plus my metalic green 1975 Schwinn Suburban with original light, generator, rack and bell...such a cool bike! I paid 15 dollars for it...:eek:

but I get passed by guys all the time.:D

Fixed gear, and single speed road bikes are pointless. Unless you want to look cool to all those fixie douche bags. I don't see how they are superior to multi speed bikes. I pass these fuckers all day long when I'm out riding.

What a harsh post for no reason. Fixies are for tricks, single speed is for cruising around town , rd bikes are for speed/distance on the rd and mt bikes are for off road. They all serve a purpose, no need to nazi out on the issue.

277_7774.jpg

1979 Yamahopper QT50. 50cc noped.

Anybody want it? Honestly, PM me, I'll give it to you, but you have to come get it. Clear title, tags and factory key. Needs put back together, a coil and maybe a magneto. I rebuilt the top end and quit messing with it. Got tons of parts and stuff, take it all. Should get about 100mpg and you don't need a motorcycle endorsement since it's under 50cc.

I was going to list this on CL for $50, but I'll give it to the first ratsuner who actually shows up. I'm in the Eugene, OR area. You'll need a stationwagon or small truck to transport it. Or a really big trunk.

I spent a bunch of time last spring refurbishing it. It's really in the way of the 521. Come get it, please.