Drum roll please...

pharouh

OK,I got my new project truck today! I bought this on Ebay from a guy in 'bama. The front sheetmetal is pretty bad. The core support has a dent in it that wasn't there when it was on Ebay. Does any body sell core supports? The driver's door is toast-from another truck. The seat isn't a Datsun bench and it's not even fastened down! Now I need to find another bench. Anybody? On the plus side,it does have good floors,rockers and a factory tach. Not sure it works,but looks cool.my parts truck is going to come in handy.

dat12.jpg

dat15.jpg

dat11a-1.jpg

dat_int.jpg

dat14.jpg

Edited by pharouh
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's where it stands now. I bought a 77 620 parts truck from craigslist for 100 big ones. Stripped it clean. The 73 is safely in my garage and is being stripped. the interior and front sheet metal are gone. Glass and headliner are next.

The parts truck . Kind of sad...

project1.jpg

The project before.

1t.jpg

Now

dat16.jpg

More later!

I bought an '80 200sx for parts and every now and then one would fly out of the dash and bump into my head and fly out the door. :D I was so into doing this Datsun I didn't connect what was happening. I finally slid out the open door and made my getaway. Good thing I wasn't pulling the harness or dash, they get pissed off when disturbed.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I know I haven't updated for awhile. Here's the way it looks now. The cab and bed are unbolted from the frame. Gas tank is loose ready to drop-not on me I hope lol.

73dat1.jpg

Cab floor looks decent,some surface rust.

cab.jpg

Engine is coming apart. Strange things. Aren't the water pump bolts the same size. I know some are longer,but aren't they all 10mm? I have 2 -one on the left side about 9 o'clock and one at the very bottom that are 12mm. Makes me wonder...I didn't really want to take the block out and have it rebuilt,but it's starting to look like one of those "you might as well". I'll have the cab off anyway so It'll be easy to get to,and I'll probably change the clutch.

engine.jpg

found an empty mud dauber's nest :eek::eek: under the steering column support. Yeah,this truck got driven a lot ..

nest.jpg

What size nuts are on the lines for the clutch master clylinder and the brake master? They're really stuck and I don't have the right size. Anybody?

Check out this thremostat:eek: What is this crap?

thermostat.jpg

All for now,more pics later! Ratsun rules!!!!!!!

Edited by pharouh

What size nuts are on the lines for the clutch master clylinder and the brake master? They're really stuck and I don't have the right size. Anybody?

I replaced both the clutch & brake masters. I bought a specialty brake line wrench. it's a 10 & 11 mm wrench. I wanna say the lines are 11. Shoot some PB blaster or wd-40 on the fittings 1st. & go slow. In a pinch vise grips will work too but not reccomended.

I replaced both the clutch & brake masters. I bought a specialty brake line wrench. it's a 10 & 11 mm wrench. I wanna say the lines are 11. Shoot some PB blaster or wd-40 on the fittings 1st. & go slow. In a pinch vise grips will work too but not reccomended.

I wanted to replace mine too,but not the lines. I hit them witm liquid wrench. I have a 10mm and 11mm. It seems like the 10 is too small and 11 wants to slip. Maybe someone's 'worked' on them before.