Ka24de in my 510... Use stock Pedal?

MicroMachinery

I'm trying to collect parts to put a ka24de into my 71 510. I have opportunity to get a pedal from a 240sx, but if I don't have to have it, then there's no sense in buying it. I'm wondering if it's worth my time to go through the steps and modify my stock pedal(if I even need to?), or just get the 240sx pedal.. trying to do this while pinching my pennies, but I don't want to cut corners if I'm gonna hate myself later.

Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe what I did with mine was re-use the stock pedal (for the life of me, I couldn't figure out HOW people were using 240sx... it's huge!!), but I had to cut/weld the "C-shaped clip" from a 240sx/300zx/whatever uses it pedal onto the stock pedal arm. Then you use the automatic throttle cable, and it should pop on the new pedal arm (be sure you know where to mount it!) and the TB.

• 4 years later...

I believe what I did with mine was re-use the stock pedal (for the life of me, I couldn't figure out HOW people were using 240sx... it's huge!!), but I had to cut/weld the "C-shaped clip" from a 240sx/300zx/whatever uses it pedal onto the stock pedal arm. Then you use the automatic throttle cable, and it should pop on the new pedal arm (be sure you know where to mount it!) and the TB.

What year mirage?

A quick check... http://community.ratsun.net/user/1882-wagdatto/ shows he was here last in May. He may not be around for many months so this thread will fall off the page unless you refresh it every day or so. I doubt he will be checking a 4 1/2 year old post. This is a waste of all our time. Why not send him a private message so it's waiting for him the next time he logs on?

A quick check... http://community.ratsun.net/user/1882-wagdatto/ shows he was here last in May. He may not be around for many months so this thread will fall off the page unless you refresh it every day or so. I doubt he will be checking a 4 1/2 year old post. This is a waste of all our time. Why not send him a private message so it's waiting for him the next time he logs on?

What? Who's time I'm sure u got a lot of free time dude I'm sure he's not the only one who used this cable

I'm saying if you want an answer from him, a PM is the easiest.

What year mirage?

What mirage???? He doesn't even mention it....

Did you mean to quote post #4??? this???...

i used stock pedal and found a throttle cable from a newer mitsu mirage. it has this great plastic clip and ball that fits directly in the 510 pedal hole, it is the perfect length, and has a bracket on it that you can attach to your valve cover bolt so it is in the correct angle

Again this is a 4 year old topic and NorCalDime was last here a month ago. Leave a PM for him.... http://community.ratsun.net/user/1248-norcaldime/ he may not see this.

Also I ain't your 'dude'. I'm here to make it easier for all to pass info around.

• Like 3