• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WANT!!!!!

Both of those look great.

11174913_10152845006997776_2721953601258

bummer on the pistons... where they OEM style pistons?

They were custom pistons.... but I don't think they were suited for my application after talking to my old engine builder. He said the next set would be a better casting.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Nis

I have a couple of questions for you  , hope you can help me out , I have a 1989 D21 , the stock Z24 engine let go , it had 475,000 Km's , anyway I picked up a very rusty 1994 D21 with a good engine a KA24 , do you remember how you wired the new engine in your truck ? , I kept the entire wiring harness ,every thing from under the hood , the dash , fuel tank , 5 speed.

I would like to know before I pull the other engine to do the swap .

Thanks Fast720

• Like 2

Hey Nis

I have a couple of questions for you  , hope you can help me out , I have a 1989 D21 , the stock Z24 engine let go , it had 475,000 Km's , anyway I picked up a very rusty 1994 D21 with a good engine a KA24 , do you remember how you wired the new engine in your truck ? , I kept the entire wiring harness ,every thing from under the hood , the dash , fuel tank , 5 speed.

I would like to know before I pull the other engine to do the swap .

Thanks Fast720

I found it easier to get a 240sx engine harness (it's seperate from the body harness) and spliced in the 2 main connectors using the SR20 conversion diagrams for reference.

IMG_1165a.jpg

Since I also had a 240sx fuse box I took the plugs and the Main ECU relay and Fuel pump relay.

IMG_1167a.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

As far as the tach, temp and MIL light you'll find those wires on the smaller plug near the ECU.

IMG_0076.jpg

• Like 1

I found it easier to get a 240sx engine harness (it's seperate from the body harness) and spliced in the 2 main connectors using the SR20 conversion diagrams for reference.

IMG_1165a.jpg

Since I also had a 240sx fuse box I took the plugs and the Main ECU relay and Fuel pump relay.

IMG_1167a.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

As far as the tach, temp and MIL light you'll find those wires on the smaller plug near the ECU.

IMG_0076.jpg

Whats funny is I still never got a wire diagram out of you that you were suppose to supply to me.

• Like 1

Hi Nis

This helps a lot , it will be hard for me to find a 240 engine harness where I live but I will try to go that route.

Your truck is still sweet as ever , I wish I was as far along as you ,I just can't get the time to work on it , it's driving me crazy !!!!!!!!

Thanks Fast720

• Like 1

Hi Nis

This helps a lot , it will be hard for me to find a 240 engine harness where I live but I will try to go that route.

Your truck is still sweet as ever , I wish I was as far along as you ,I just can't get the time to work on it , it's driving me crazy !!!!!!!!

Thanks Fast720

Try other 240sx forums like zilvia.net or nico. Thanks man, not making nearly as much progress as i would want but that's life.

All I keep getting are previews of what will be.

IMG_2158_zpss34rwxt3.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...