What have you done to your 1200 lately

OpelWagenGT

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would WOW!!! be a good expression? That Coupe going to turn up really Sweet.

I guess You got some serious Dat addiction, Ask me about it.

I have spend some serious money on mine, and it's like I can't really stop looking for parts and stuff.

• Like 1

Thanks sir ,

Im no where near the level of the car you put together, but i just want a fun reliable part of my youth ....that's safe.....and quick....and doesn't suck all the money from my other cars...I know this is Ratsun , but I want it clean..ish.

• Like 2

Thank You  very much for your words. I love how modest you sound, But....   your work is up to par to any I have seen, I really mean it.

I completely understand what you refer too. I was at the same boat as You, I still grabbing and searching for whatever I can get, even if my parts are looking really decent I still go for the new one.

You got a lucky brake with that "LOAD" You score. By the way I can't remember if You have any of the rear side cards(sides covers), Mine have speaker holes in it. Need them on black.

Are You going to build a Threat  for the Coupe. It would be much easier to follow how your coupe goes.

Best of Luck my friend. Keep the good work.

• Like 1

DSCN2557_zpsrtznkepp.jpgDatsun%20spoiler_zpsp3keihf8.jpg

Just get my new washer bag and a n.o.s. shifter knob for my Coupe. Also the Front and Rear  Original  TS spoiler from a guy in Malaysia, who ,make a mold to make them and sold me the real ones.

not cheap !!! :( with some scuff in it, nothing mayor.  

• Like 3

Looks like new.  What kind of paint did You used Datsunfreak?

Nothing special. Just Satin Black Rustoleum. 

Did You also  paint the fan plate. the Blue, yellow. Red?

Didn't know It was actually Yellow.

I masked that off and left it unpainted. 

And I'm fairly sure it's only yellow on the South African cars.    ;)

• Like 2

I always see them barely with the blue only, all other color faded. I want to paint mine. but it is an USA model. 

is it yellow too? I always though was Blue, White, Red.

Yours (and all USDM cars) is red, white and blue, as are most other markets. And for some reason, it seems that every US 1200 has the red faded out. All 3 that we have at the shop are faded to white on the red side only. 

For some reason, the South African market (and I think maybe Australia too) used red, yellow, and a dark blueish green. Mine doesn't seem to have faded nearly as much as the USDM ones, but I don't know if it's the different manufacturing technique, or just because mine is 20 years newer than everyone else's.   ^_^

Fixed my wipers. Switch behind the dash was unplugged. Thought it was a faulty motor.

Had been reaching through the hole in my dash fascia where the radio goes and manually operating them by hand on the ride home from purchasing the coupe.

Also installed a 2nd hand repop washer bag, piping, and washer nozzle from a 620.

The 1200 nozzle is too damn expensive at 40 bucks each.

Feeling productive. Go me!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to the Canby Meet with new rear, carbon fiber, spoiler on Smurf. Had lots of interest and great comments from the 1200 guys and gals. This one is a prototype, and the next one will be tweaked here and there, but all in all it fits very well, tweaks are cosmetic.

P6130854.jpg

P6130853.jpg

Don't look at the 1200 front fenders in the trunk-Canby Swap meet find-from a car with about 40,000 California miles on it!

P6130852.jpg

AND...

P6110843.jpg

Not pictured but, it came with factory mounting hub, spacer and horn mounting ring! Another Canby Swap meet find.

• Like 6

Is that the new Futofab spoiler?

Went to the Canby Meet with new rear, carbon fiber, spoiler on Smurf. Had lots of interest and great comments from the 1200 guys and gals. This one is a prototype, and the next one will be tweaked here and there, but all in all it fits very well, tweaks are cosmetic.

P6130854.jpg

• Like 1

No not a Futofab,

I tried to talk with the guy at Futofab, that means it was one sided conversation and nothing said from his side about a 1200 spoiler being produced or a hint of a future possibility.

I had mold made by a guy that does this kind of work for a living. He is has started doing some production work on the side, and will be making this style in both fiberglass and carbon fiber.

This all takes time, money, patients, money, prototypes, money and more time to get it right. This process started over 7 months ago.

And I am liking the way it's turning out!

• Like 3

No not a Futofab,

I tried to talk with the guy at Futofab, that means it was one sided conversation and nothing said from his side about a 1200 spoiler being produced or a hint of a future possibility.

Kooky...

Last fall he mentioned to me that they were going to offer one that looks like yours soon. Perhaps not...   ^_^

• Like 1