• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Just don't let it happen again.  

;)

I PROMISE…I will pay better attention  :blush: (I really do love 1200's tho)

Ok , I brought her back to the shop for me to start fixing all the shit I hate . I hung the fenders and threw the valence on. I finally put my hand inside the passenger quarter...omg..I'm looking at my options.I was told it had a small dent that was fixed....ya ....no . It has a bit of work to do, to say the least. My guy did the drivers quarter. The pic is of the repair...no filler just a little primer to protect it while I work on it. Also a few shots of the "repair" on the old front clip.

image_zpsd61qj3ul.jpeg

image_zpsddv05sok.jpeg

image_zpsnbyu46qf.jpeg

image_zpswsvcxi8k.jpeg

image_zpsq0qxwzey.jpeg

image_zpszjq785kx.jpeg

image_zpsxyu5n7lj.jpeg

image_zpss0zdqx9n.jpeg

image_zpsq0qxwzey.jpeg

• Like 3

This is what they did to get to this point . He cut and spliced the front half on , after straightening the sub structure. Then went ahead a media blasted the entire front of the car . He also replaced the inner fender support , because the one on the car was kinked several times, and I had an NOS one. After the media blaster hit the front clip , the true extent of rust shows through , so they had to do some repair on the repair clip.

IMG_0726_zpshsudyqft.jpg

IMG_0727_zps1ncplddh.jpg

IMG_0725_zpseoidlbrb.jpg

IMG_0724_zpstw6mqpxd.jpg

IMG_0723_zps035t5gwq.jpg

• Like 4

Started to clean the floors with my brother inlaw, and i'll treat  them and finish off. Found some some rust once we stripped them ( very minor). I'll start cutting out the shitty work and tig in some replacement metal. I also got the new master and clutch master in and the lines

image_zpsobzqyh5t.jpeg

image_zpsnmzulj1n.jpeg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

So I drove my coupe over a curb the other day. It bet the castor rod mount and popped some of the rusty fender out. I decided that before I did too much more I was going to see just how much rust I was working with. Put a wire wheel in the drill and went at it. I don't like what I found. I cannot believe what some people do to sell a car. The area behind the passenger rear tire rusted through two layers. The one who painted this car orange bondoed over so much rust it ain't funny. I found some 3/4" thick in the rear panel. I finally found a rear panel, but with all the rest of this rust I've decided there is more here than I am willing to deal with. I just don't have the tools, money and time to fix this right. So I'm putting adds up to sell it. If it doesn't attract much interest I'll part it out. Look at the classifieds for more. Here's some pictures of the fun. This is just the passenger side. The drivers is likely just as bad.

554ACF9D-1170-402F-880E-4212754A59C7.jpg

C567783E-38F2-4BF5-AC71-ED41F17C1D77.jpg

F49C3312-F98B-437C-95F7-F13F13D38772.jpg

58E7EA07-A754-4625-94AA-C8D06064D104.jpg

Want a 96 pathfinder 4x4 in trade? I would consider driving my pathfinder to Texas for a 1200...

:) good luck with your sale. Sorry to hear you got hosed on the purchase.

Saw the ad on fb... Very tempting...   :wub:

Got a trailer?

I'm going to H-town late next week to pick up a Ford Ranger for my kid...I bet it could tow-dolly that sucker to Arlington ;)

• Like 1