remove dash piece on 620?

sick620

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you didn't search, make sure you give it a try next time, this has been answered a few times.

You have to remove the cigarette lighter, it holds this piece to the dash frame. Then there are a couple screws that go upward inside of the gauge areas. I believe that's all there is to it. Remember, if it doesn't feel like it's coming easily; don't force it.

I broke mine the first time because I didn't know about the lighter.

There is one screw in the top of each instrument bezel (3). There is also a screw right below/behind the gas gauge. The cigarette lighter is usually a bitch.

To remove the knobs on the switches, you push in on them then make a quarter turn(counterclockwise I think). The heater control lever knobs are held on by a small phillips screw underneath.

Edited by Orange620

dont give up man it can be done, i got some small pliers through the radio hole and twisted my cig lighter right off, be sure to put something on the threads of it when your done, i used anti sieze so next time i can do it by hand :) yes the cig lighter you remove the wire and then unscrew it and the it pushes out towards the cab, like they all said dont force it, 30 year old plastic isnt too sturdy and if you live somewhere like me you cant just go down to the yard and get a new one, good luck

• 2 weeks later...

i finally got the bastard off. there is 1 bolt for each gauge hole. there is 1 on the fuse box. there are 2 behind the dash that hold the gauges in place. you cant reall see them unless you know where the are. theres the cig lighter, window wiper, and heater knobs. i cracked it a little while taking it off but i dont care cuz im putting that carbon fiber stuff on it. ill get pics up soon