510 getting the nasty RB26dett

Well, new member here. KA510 has dubbed me Tiltnose510. I am currently re-building the chassis on the 510 and installing an RB26dett. It was formerly a tube chassis and has had 6 different SR20's in it. The most recent was a setup with Eagle rods, Arias pistons, Cryo-treated crank, 720cc injectors, big turbo and SDS standalone. The running gear is 300zx Z32, rear narrowed 8 1/2" to fit, front is completely custom suspension and tube chassis / cage. I will post some pics of the former and the current setup tomorrow.

Tilt.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just my hot rod. I really don't do any car work at the shop anymore so no real showing off. I just wanted to have an RB26car and this one was hacked up enough to make the install fairly simple.

It is Z32 rear that has been narrowed 8 + inches.

I'm just comparing my work to your's Ray....

I hijackedthe firewall/tunnel/floor from a Silvia front cut at the shop today and started stuffing it in the car only to find I could move the engine back another 8 inches. I have also decided to put the steering on the right to make the exhaust issue easier. (besides, the front clip was rhd)

Here are some new pics of that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14531931@N04/