Phil's 510 2 door. The tranny 68

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow phil very nice....how come you never tell me any of this...thought we was friends.....i mean this is a rebuilt slammer......any way like always very nice.....

waiting on your mad paint skills. And more chrome..wink wink

What are you gonna do with your single cam? :D

going to reuse the head. the short block will be taken apart, ill only keep the block and crank. in the hopes of after market rods and pistons. i have a feeling once i go boosted the stock rebuild is not going to hold up :rolleyes:

going to reuse the head. the short block will be taken apart, ill only keep the block and crank. in the hopes of after market rods and pistons. i have a feeling once i go boosted the stock rebuild is not going to hold up :rolleyes:

not if you let me drive it :D :P :D

im exited! got a z31 t3 from kyle. should do ten pounds. snapped a couple bolts on the exhaust housing. not a big deal just more work. going to run a tial 38mm external waste gate. just have to come up with the cash and a deal. here it is on my top mount jgs manifold. im thinking of ceramic coating the manifold and exhaust housing. i will have to delete my brake booster, the master hits the housing :(

02e0e2e6.jpg

11fb703b.jpg

turbo club!!!:hyper: :fu:

looks like im gonna have to make the move......nice setup :cool:

you should. de's have way more support

Iv got an exhaust housing for you, theres one bolt busted on each side but you should be able to tack on a bolt and pull them or something. regardless, its free :lol:

thanks. this one has two cracks around the wastegate hole. is this common on used nissan t3's. if i cant extract the studs today at jeremys shop. ill need that housing.

i think i know a z24 that would make a good home for your old pistons... hint hintwink.gif

oh and thats goin to be one sick whip pullin boost.... i wonder how close you will be to mikeys car??? you know, ka vs. sr

i think i know a z24 that would make a good home for your old pistons... hint hintwink.gif

oh and thats goin to be one sick whip pullin boost.... i wonder how close you will be to mikeys car??? you know, ka vs. sr

not sure what he is running with his sr but my buddy frank had a single cam boosted and kept up with icehouses sr.. the wolfman turned his boost up.

Iv seen a few that are, the metals pretty thin around the wastegate hole

damn 20 something year old turbo! drilling out the bolts was a total bust today :(

i think i know a z24 that would make a good home for your old pistons... hint hintwink.gifoh and thats goin to be one sick whip pullin boost.... i wonder how close you will be to mikeys car??? you know, ka vs. sr

not worth anything to me. last set i gave away never made it in to a l/z block. hopefully these will. all yours when i pull them. hopefully i shave 1 1/2 seconds off my 1/4 mile times. auto-x next year i will have way better times. came in around the same times mikey was pulling. jeremys car i stand no chance. mikey just need to dial his car in thats all. on top end the srs will get me for shure.i love my 411's

not sure what he is running with his sr but my buddy frank had a single cam boosted and kept up with icehouses sr.. the wolfman turned his boost up.

nice! ive seen pics of that car. thats why i want to build a single slammer. but frank has an aussie inspired front mount :blink:

i think he was running 7 or 10 pounds on the single slammer. dont know what he is running on the dual cam

im going to run 10 pounds. thats the max for this turbo. from vg guys point of view

i think ten pounds would make your car rip... it sucks that turbo's make cars quieter... i can still hear your car at P.I.R. best sounding four banger ever

i would slap those pistons in my block for sure... but im not planning an L head... i just got my ported Z head on

i think ten pounds would make your car rip... it sucks that turbo's make cars quieter... i can still hear your car at P.I.R. best sounding four banger ever

i would slap those pistons in my block for sure... but im not planning an L head... i just got my ported Z head on

ahh i want ten pounds so bad!!! looks like 7 or 8 with out intercooler :(

• Like 1

more updates or turbo stuff. nothing special.

got -4 fittings for turbo feed. and -10 for drain. im also going to run water cooling. just need to figure that out

73fddc4d.jpg

that last exhaust housing i had. i ruined it. thankfully skib had the one with only two studs busted. been soaking in pb blaster and heating it up with propane torch tho loosen then up. but i might just take to a machine shop

391a7e0f.jpg

098f1cc0.jpg

got an analog uego aem wideband for a song. just need a new o2 sensor

7f05585f.jpg

i put it in the dash vent but i think i want to run the boost guage there instead

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

havent updated in a while. but ive been working on it. im going to shift my focus from collecting turbo parts to collecting parts to build the long block. ive installed a n60 maf,460cc injectors. messed with it with the safc runs smoother now. kinda want to do another blast through the 1/4 mile again. mocked up the turbo stuff on coreys car. lots to think about. ive decided to step shit up. but the $$$ goes up fast. got a set of doubler plates. thanks steve i owe you.i have to install them. also got a nifty oil cooler.the final big piece to my oil cooler set up. got the engine mounted on a stand. have to disassemble before i can assemble a good engine.

b97f89a3.jpg

a0ab03d6.jpg

2010-09-13080526.jpg

2010-09-13080715.jpg

2010-09-16214214.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ive been meaning to address this issue for a while now. rain season is upon us. it had been por 15'd but due to improper prep work it has been peeling off in sheets. wire wheeled it off. used metal ready. then laid three coats. i could only get my hands on a pint of gray. so gray it is.

fa72e528.jpg

4224a666.jpg

6eac0cd6.jpg

traded corey my dobi for a spook.and got a do it in a datsun plate frame.

2b57ca9d.jpg