Datsun 510 KA24DE swap FAQ?

sean1978

Anyone have good links for 510 KA24DE swap info pages?

I really need to start buying the parts I need for the swap, I have my engine already.

I'm trying to figure out if I should do the cross member flip or buy something like the McKinney mount kit. What's the advantage of the mount kit? I'm assuming it's engine placement and cross member rigidity but I'm not sure.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=510+ka24de+swap

it's been done a lot, many project threads and dozens of variations

you have an engine. Did you have it rebuilt?

Does it have the ecu and wiring harness?

One of the benifits of the mckinney xmember is you don't have to flip it yourself. Other than that I don't "think" there is anyhing gained.

What parts are you unsure of buying?

Edited by ichorid

One of the benifits of the mckinney xmember is you don't have to flip it yourself. Other than that I don't "think" there is anyhing gained.

I'm good with the engine and wiring, I have done SOHC to DOHC KA, S14 to

S13 KA24DE swaps and SR20DET swaps into S13's.

The things I'm unsure about are just the 510 physical specifics. I already can handle everything else. I have a good KA motorset.

I'm just trying not to make uneducated purchases.

Does the McKinney mounting kit sit the engine lower and / or further back than the cross member flip? What do you use for a transmission mount if you flip the cross member?

• 3 months later...

From what i know, fliping the OE crossmember is just as good as anything else except its alot cheaper.

The mckinney Tranny mount is really nice, and has a nice "cut out" to fit 3" exhuast with minimal ground clearance loss.

I had a friend of mine cut and flip my crossmember, and i bought the Poly engine mounts and tranny member from mckinney. The tranny mount also comes with a poly bushing for the tranny as well.

Again, it all depends on how much money u wana spend...i think i got the best of both worlds since i spent money on the things that are "worth" the extra cash and saved money on the things that IMHO are not worth it...

The sides of the McKinney crossmember are from the stock crossmember. It baffles me that people pay for that thing!

The crossmember is easy. Cut the welds at both ends of both of the LCA pivots. Pull them out. Reinstall 180 degrees out. Weld back in to crossmember. Done. No need to section and re-weld the crossmember. Just flip the LCA pivot mount tubes.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=510+ka24de+swap

it's been done a lot, many project threads and dozens of variations

hahaha love that LMGTFY.com! funny!!! :lol:

mckinney trans mount SUCKS.....

if your going to run your car at 4x4 ride hight you might be able to run this, i know with how low my car was i would of riped it off real quick

chriscampics034.jpg

you can see in this pic how far the bolt holes where off, i was then told its cuz my car started life as a Auto and i will have to drill new holes... the thing that pissed me off about this is their was never a disclaimer that said "if your car was a auto you must drill holes to make this mount work" but instead i was sold a item that was supos to be a "Bolt in" type job

chriscampics035.jpg

chriscampics037.jpg

after the service i got from MAC i will never buy anything from him again. when i went to get my refund he told me never to step foot in his shop again, when i had about 3000 dollars worth of parts of his still uninstalled on my shelf, and most every part i got from him has problems and now im stuck with them becuz hes an asshole!!!!

every set of motor mounts i seen of his are cracked or have voids in the welds, hes just a shitty bussiness man all around i would never recomend buying anything from that guy

P.S. the only part i did not have a problem with was the eng. crossmember ( i also heard he stole the design from some one else) so maybe thats why i did not have problems with that.

Our soulution to mckinneys motor mounts that he claims will hold i quote "More power then i can even dream of making" when you see the mounts hes selling you will understand what i mean

Wink's 510 eng. mounts

chriscampics038.jpg

chriscampics039.jpg

chriscampics040.jpg

Edited by JDM510