Seats

slodat

I want some lowback buckets, anyone know what type of vehicles to keep an eye out for when I'm at the junkyards? I'm thinkin lowbacks and a smaller steering wheel(to get it outta my lap) would make it a little more comfy in there.

If you are lucky enough to spot a 410 or 411 sedan or wagon, you will find that you can pop the entire seat and rails by undoing 4 bolts from underneath the car. They are low back, no head rest and have a very long range of adjustment. Front wheel in your belly button to loud complaints from the back seat. They are also quite "springy" and take a lot of road bounce out your back and butt. Most are vinyl, you can reupholster in any vinyl, leather or fabric you want.

As a bonus, the instrument cluster unbolts easily and can be used to customise another Datsun.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still havent found a pair with the backs slim enough to get all the leg room out of the confined space of a std cab 620. I need a good seat built for tight spaces and tall dudes, any suggestions? Turbo eclipse seats are heavy as shit too BTW, hence the reason they turboed them :lol:

if price isnt an object...Check out all the different "racing" seats, Ill search around for a particular link, but ive looked so much in the past, im not sure which brand i found that I was interested in...

heres one...

http://www.sparcousa.com/pseats_street.asp?id=644

something interesting, i cant find the one I was thinking of...oh well..

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Twisted-Stitch-TS-1-Seat-p-17024.html

Edited by sanitys
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I want some lowback buckets, anyone know what type of vehicles to keep an eye out for when I'm at the junkyards? I'm thinkin lowbacks and a smaller steering wheel(to get it outta my lap) would make it a little more comfy in there.

I getting some boat seats off of ebay. they work great and they're 53 bucks for two. i'll be getting rid of my 521 bench as soon as the new seats get here

• 2 weeks later...
2eDeYe;1913']I have the Summit special seats (There like the schucks style but much better quality) I like them' date=' they're nice on long trips. The old seats were horrible after about a 20 minute ride.

I want that computer chair :D[/quote']

do you have a link to those?

Guest jaimesix
If you are lucky enough to spot a 410 or 411 sedan or wagon, you will find that you can pop the entire seat and rails by undoing 4 bolts from underneath the car. They are low back, no head rest and have a very long range of adjustment. Front wheel in your belly button to loud complaints from the back seat. They are also quite "springy" and take a lot of road bounce out your back and butt. Most are vinyl, you can reupholster in any vinyl, leather or fabric you want.

As a bonus, the instrument cluster unbolts easily and can be used to customise another Datsun.

I like low back seats.

I do not like high back seats, feel dorky, look oversized for a small Datsun, and take away area of vision.

I will look for 410 or 411 seats. I saw yours at the Sears Datsun meet and I like them very much.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

you guys talk about how bad the kreagan/ shucks seats are i had one in my 610 when i got hit that seat did a great job of keeping me in place i find them rather supportive easy to make mount to stock locations with a little bit of 1/2 inch plate my only beef is there a little stiff but the foam softens up over time i like them and for the price you cant complain i dont know if you could get 2 of them side by side in a datto though

I will look for 410 or 411 seats. I saw yours at the Sears Datsun meet and I like them very much.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

I reupholstered my front seats when they were 30 years old. The vinyl was still in pretty good shape but the original cotton thread used by the factory had bleached white and dried out to the point that they were snapping. When I removed the original covering to put my replacements on I found that the factory foam bolsters were in like new perfect shape. May you have equal luck with the seats you find.

Guest jaimesix
I reupholstered my front seats when they were 30 years old. The vinyl was still in pretty good shape but the original cotton thread used by the factory had bleached white and dried out to the point that they were snapping. When I removed the original covering to put my replacements on I found that the factory foam bolsters were in like new perfect shape. May you have equal luck with the seats you find.

Yes, hopes that is the case. I like low back seats, I never liked the high back style.

I will remain allert for any 410s or 411s that may appear. I will keep you posted in case you need some 411 parts.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...

I had posted this in a Wanted thread but thought I should add it here.

Here is what I did, go onto your local Kijiji and setup an automatic Alert for the word 'Parting', with no category and watch for something that has the kind of seats you are looking for. I found this was the a lot better than watching for say the word 'seats' because you will get every thing under the sun that has seats and since people often miscategorize things you may miss something posted if you only search in a certain category.

I got several posts a day (In one email) and I just watched those for something interesting and emailed the people posting them asking about seats and I was able to find all kinds of seats in under a week. Many of the people who post the ads will have more than one car to choose from as well. I bought a nice set of leather Tiburon seats for $170 Canadian including the rear seat, sliders, everything. A guy offered me like new brown leather Audi A4 seats for $200 but the brown just wouldn't match my car.

Because it's local you can pick them up, pay cash and save on shipping. It was pretty much win-win.

Not mine but mine are exactly the same, I actually started working on getting them in the car last night.

2003.hyundai.tiburon.20167708-E.jpg

2003.hyundai.tiburon.20167723-E.jpg

The rear seat doesn't fit properly but I am hoping I can get it to look alright in the car. The fronts once I make some brakets should be perfect, set in the car they feel fantastic, they are a good height, really comfortable and have tons of lateral support. The black matches my original door panels pretty much perfectly too.

Edited by oe3

Alright so here is my first attempt at the back seat, the bottom is getting there, and the passenger side back cushion has had some trimming from the back done to fit over the wheel well. The driver side is just sitting loose right now.

Pictures%20154.jpg

Pictures%20155.jpg

Edited by oe3
Alright so here is my first attempt at the back seat, the bottom is getting there, and the passenger side back cushion has had some trimming from the back done to fit over the wheel well. The driver side is just sitting loose right now.

Pictures%20154.jpg

Pictures%20155.jpg

That's going to be pretty hot when your done. Definitely worth the work.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got them all in the car. All in all I think they look really good.

Pictures%20389.jpg

Pictures%20382.jpg

Pictures%20383.jpg

Pictures%20384.jpg

Pictures%20386.jpg

I bent the front tabs up slightly on the front seats, about 5 degrees and just bolted the rear of them through the floor.

Edited by oe3