Seats

slodat

I want seats for my car. Any suggestions? I don't mind spending a few bucks. I would prefer avoiding the "racing" seats they sell at Schucks for $119. I want something that will last a little while and be supportive. I don't think I want to spring for Sparcos either.

Is there a happy medium?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I presonally really dig procar RAVE-X seats... they have their own look and are pretty cool... not a "shucks" type either... but about half of the cost of sparcos. They sell through summit I think. http://www.procarbyscat.com/ My brother used to have a set of OLD procars in his 510, they were exactly th same as the old school recarros that came in the 80s sporty cars like the VW recarros, only these had the adjustable lumbar and the air pump deal for the thigh support... they dont make them like that anymore unfortunately, guess recarro got mad...

blueCh1.jpg

I'm going to modify a pair of gen 1 MR2 seats to use in my 'goon. Problem is that they're pretty low and I'm pretty short.... I'll have to space them up an inch or two or I'm not gonna be able to see over the dash again!

• 2 weeks later...
anyone have any suggestions for seats in a 521?? ive got 2 99 silverado seats that would match my dash and are free to boot. i think they would be too tall, not sure though.

It'll be too wide. Years ago I tried N. American bucket seats and they won't fit side by side either (North Americans have big buckets I guess.) Get some narrow ass Asian ones.

• Like 1

Why not go electric? It's easy with a bench seat.

I had powered seat in my Datsun 1200, it used the seat rail mechanism out of a Cadillac (if I remember correctly). It went forward/back, front up/down and back up/down. It was useful to vary seat position on long trips, but was a bit heavy (maybe 30 lbs?). The stock Datsun bucket was used with the GM power mechanism. It was easy to wire up, just two wires (+ and ground, use the OEM circuit breaker as well).

For other general ideas and pictures, along with swap instructions, see Seat Swaps. This concentrates on 1200s, but the same can be applied to 510s and 520s I'm sure.

I have a couple of pairs of dodge neon buckets, (1 brown, 1 gray) that I would sell or trade for something. They are pratically brand new and are very cumfortable, I have a set of older ones in my '97 hb. The gray set also has a matching rear seat. I'll post some pics of them later.

• 3 months later...

Im running 86 Z car buckets in my 521. Two of the holes lined up on the old bench track & i removed the headrests & they recline enough now...

627Zseats.jpg

In my 620 im using 411 seats..same thing..2 of the bolts on the seats lined up perfectly on the bench track...

411seats1.jpg

& my 320 has the stock bench seat [recovered] in it...

320int9.jpg

I say go for some 350Z seats...they're sweet. I love the support they offer in my 350Z and I've had 2 spare sets come and go but just never got aroung to installing them on my 510.

Now I'm looking for another set and this time I will install them.

71dimer, I would like to see some pics when you do this. And also know where you source the seats from. I am going to start looking for some at the pic and pulls, ebay, and anywhere else I can. Let me know what kind of deals you come up with and I will do the same. Ollie,