throttle cable setup

bonvo

ok guys i just got a weber and with the adapter i have i cant use the stock linkage on the 610 cause it will bind what are good cars to get throttle cable set ups out of? do i need the whole pedal? i was thinking of finding a 620 at the yards and pulling the cable setup off of that what cable setup are you guys running post pics and info please thanks

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

reaally you can use any type of canle set up but alot of the datsun stuff work better.

I myself used the top of the 210 part and cut and weld it on the 510 pedal as it was a linkage rod type set up.

bUt maybe a datsun truck cable will work also.

the old Nismo kits when you got the Mikunis set up comes or sold the b210 cable kit for the sidedrafts. Cable is a little long but on that set up it routes from the other side.

as for a weber down draft I think a truck short one will work.

You really need the cable holder that clamps the one end and the firewall threaded sleeve or washer set up to hold the cable there also.

Granted they cost more, but the aftermarket Lokar style cables work GREAT. I have a knock off brand one, and it was worth the $35 I paid for it. They have an inner sheath that's REALLY slippery so you can basically tie it in a knot and it still works fine. Looks sweet too.

625tc1000ht.jpg

I'll second Ryan's comments on the Lokar cable. They are the balls!

The ball/socket end has a set screw. You can shorten both casing and cable to fit your needs and then re-attach the ends. The threaded portion on one end is great fro bolting thru the fire wall and the other allows for adjustment.

I used one of these in my 510 racecar with a 620 gas pedal. I welded a tab on the pedal to bolt the ball stud thru and the OE pedal mount bracket bolted right to the firewall.

They come in black vinyl or a stainless steel braided sheath (like Ryan showed).

tc1000u_v2.jpg

thats what im thinking ive only found them on ebay for 43.50 after shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lokar-Universal-36-Black-Throttle-Cable-TC-1000U36_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4cea4e86cfQQitemZ330348529359QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

ill probibly snag a good setup out of a 620 at the yard or see what the local parts house has

Like DimeDave says, you can cut them to exactly the length you want, and re-attach the end. That way it ends up being exactly the way you want. The ends are also easily modified to work with nearly anything.

I got mine at a local hot rod shop. Most speed shops carry them, they're pretty popular with that crowd.

im not looking to spend that much though thats expensive if i have to ill go that route i will but im looking for a cheaper alternative the local parts house has a universal one but i think it might be to short

Yeh, you say you don't want to spend the money now.......

But most other factory cables will require you to modify something, somehow, anyways. Since the aftermarket cables are actually built for modifications, it's easier, and doesn't look hacked when your done.

I used to run the 210 cable in my 510, but the connection to the pedal was rigged, it was WAAY to long, and your stuck with this odd bend as it exits through the firewall. All told, yes it did work, but was far from being the right fit.

If $40 is too much, then just use a bicycle brake cable. Go to Ace Hardware and get an allen head set nut thing for the ends, and cut it to the right length.

like i said if i have to ill spend the money but i would rather not i have to modifiy my gas pedal anyway to accept the cable set up the universal they had at the parts shop looked almost idential to the lokar one and was about $25 if thats to short ill go lokar

ok guys i just got a weber and with the adapter i have i cant use the stock linkage on the 610 cause it will bind what are good cars to get throttle cable set ups out of? do i need the whole pedal? i was thinking of finding a 620 at the yards and pulling the cable setup off of that what cable setup are you guys running post pics and info please thanks

Can you take pics of the linkage on the 610?

Why is it binding?

510 also have linkage and only time I remember it binding was when I used L20b motor (taller)

Was able to remedy that

Wondering if it's similar to 510 linkage

you may not need to change to cable.

Can you take pics of the linkage on the 610?

Why is it binding?

510 also have linkage and only time I remember it binding was when I used L20b motor (taller)

Was able to remedy that

Wondering if it's similar to 510 linkage

you may not need to change to cable.

heres a pic of the set up the car originally came with an l18 now it has an l2ob here is a shot where the angle of the linkage can be seen with the stock carb

DSC04376.jpg

its already at a upward angle to get to the stock carb now for the weber i have a tall one peice adapter

DSC04378.jpg

the taller l20b deckheight teamed with the tall weber will cause it to bind due to the steep angle

Wow those Lokar cables look really nice. I'm picking one up for when I convert. Looks WELL worth the cost even on a budget.

yeah the lokar looks to be worth the price like i said if i have to ill go with the lokar im half tempted to anyway