OH MY. this is BAD ASS

Rusty

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... i read this guys whole build up on his site a number of years ago... it is an insane setup. it probably handles perfectly in any situation. if you read on his site the main reason for massive customization was he wanted a turbo rotary 510 that would fit 12 inch rear tires under stock fenders. he's built quite a few nice lookin 510's. i think, beyond his choice to shave everything and use a rotary engine, his ability to fabricate all of this and setup a suspension system that works as ideally as his is pretty interesting and cool imo. i've never personally driven a rotary engined car but i've heard that if you wan a power plant that delivers high-ish power in a lightweight package and revs smoother than butter then rotary is the way to go. and since a rotary engine is so small compared to a v-8 of the same power ability or even a four cylinder, it allows it to be mounted so low and far back that it just goes hand in hand with what he wanted as far as handling and power output.

also the fact he built it in his garage all himself... that's pretty damn cool.

I have mixed feelings on this one. In many ways it is VERY nice and well done, but at the same time, rotary :( ugh! and I think it's been shaved too much...Need some grass on the field?

Dude i've read alot of post's from you, ya ever have anything good to say about other dudes rides? or ya just diss everyone for having cool shit, when your ride is on blocks and your poor. not trying to be a internet tough guy or nothing, but man why so negative?

It's just an opinion. Be a boring place if everyone liked the same thing. And money doesn't enter into it. Just because it's expensive doesn't make it in good taste. And just because it's cheap doesn't make it crap (well, unless it's Wal*Mart Cheap).

I dunno... a lot of work to put 3 miles on it and sell. Maybe I'm being overly harsh but I ALWAYS look harder and more critical on any car that someone puts together and immediately slaps a "for sale" sign on. Kind of like at car shows and peer/fan voting- even if it's the nicest, cleanest, well done car in the row I won't vote for it if it has a "For Sale" sign in it.

But I agree with Kiznook. It looks like great craftsmanship, but that much shaving makes it look like a toy car. It's lost all its character. True, it has its own character. Better than the over-"bling"-ified cars seen elsewhere.

kiznook car runs in fact we just went on a fun run the other day his five ten is quite fun to be in when it is going side ways down a freeway ramp!

i like that car always have i never thought brian feldman would sell it. i have looked at that rear end many times. i always figured it would hold up to 4 speed top loader and a 302 quite nicely

Dude i've read alot of post's from you, ya ever have anything good to say about other dudes rides? or ya just diss everyone for having cool shit, when your ride is on blocks and your poor. not trying to be a internet tough guy or nothing, but man why so negative?

How are you being positive when all YA can do is DISS me and assume that I don' have my own COOL SHIT, or suggest that I'm (your) poor...."your poor"? my poor what?

Not trying to be an internet tough guy or nothing...FUCK that was DOUBLE negative...I really am an asshole!!

I have the utmost appreciation for all of the hard work that has gone into this car(quality work at that) but I still say that it is extremely over modified.

screw this, I have nothing more to say

Love,

Kiznook :cool:

I have the utmost appreciation for all of the hard work that has gone into this car(quality work at that) but I still say that it is extremely over modified.

+1

Very well built, but can't stand it myself. I've never liked this car much, but that's just because it's not my taste. Too overdone, not much of a street car. It's a PHENOMENAL show car, and not good for much else. In my opinion. ;)

I love that car!!!!!! Its tuff to find a custom car that fits my taste, that is about as close as I have seen :D He is just lucky I don't have a house, I would be taking a line of credit out and drive the shit out of it!!

You boys!! haha Maybe Kiznook is trying to make up for Hainz's lack of negative posts :D

It looks like great craftsmanship, but that much shaving makes it look like a toy car.

aww, that's kinda why i like it. if you set up the shot right it would look just like a hot wheels.

all i know is whoever buys it needs to put it on a track to really appreciate it. otherwise it's a waste.

How are you being positive when all YA can do is DISS me and assume that I don' have my own COOL SHIT, or suggest that I'm (your) poor...."your poor"? my poor what?

Not trying to be an internet tough guy or nothing...FUCK that was DOUBLE negative...I really am an asshole!!

screw this, I have nothing more to say

Love,

Kiznook :cool:

Kiznook, who loves ya baby??? let it out you'll feel better. You're not dissed, you have lots of cool shit, your poor, ... or not (I don't know), and much of the time if not all, you aren't an asshole. :D So jump on and I'll burp you. Tomorrow is another post. (I mean day)

You boys!! haha Maybe Kiznook is trying to make up for Hainz's lack of negative posts :D

Without Hainz, I sense a disturbance in The Force. The Yin must be brought into balance with the Yang... someone has to do it.

But a FUCKING ROTARY MAZDA? TURBO?...what it will last ..maybe 20,000k miles....maybe less.

This car will never see 2K miles, so...

MAZDA ENGINE??? What a bag o' shit. Can anybody else smell it?

I think if it had been built in the last 5-6 years, it would have an SR20DET. But he started this thing forever ago, so a turbo rotary was the hot set-up for big HP numbers way back then.

This is also the guy who built more than one 510 with a huge (and HEAVY) 280Z inline 6.

I like the car!!!!

I think the rear end was overly done. I would like some windows in there and a Passenger seat then I would says its perfect .

I like the color and the wheels the stance.

As for the Rotory?

I think they are cool and if you ever go to Austraila youll see what Rotories can do and they sound cool.

As for rebuilding a motor and then selling it .I would always question that myself esp a local car. Why even bother then sell it?

PS in the end he will not sell it. I think hes just fishing for a price to see what its worth on the open market

he has had this car forever.

As for the Negativity comment? Nah its just the truth. Its not being negative. Its just profiling the owner and you can tell what he is going or really NOT going to do.

wow, that's old. Wasn't that turbo L28 swap done in the late 70's or very early 80's even before the 1981 280zx turbo came out? I think his was a drawthrough carbbed turbo... crappy

Not that long ago, I don't think. Last one I saw that he built was very late 80s, maybe even early 90s.

I just don't why someone would cut up a car to do an L-6. More weight, less power potential? Don't get it...

N

I just don't why someone would cut up a car to do an L-6. More weight, less power potential? Don't get it...

I am thinking that the quickest street driven 510 in the quarter is still Gary Havner from AZ. He has that white car with the L31+ turbo and nitrous. He hit 10's with slicks. That car has been driven up to Shasta at least once too.

I am thinking that the quickest street driven 510 in the quarter is still Gary Havner from AZ. He has that white car with the L31+ turbo and nitrous. He hit 10's with slicks...

If all you do with your car is race it 1/4mi at a time? That's great.

If you want to drive a 510 the way God intended? Not so much...

;)

And glad to see you here too, Jordan. Didn't know you were a regular. :D