fontana620's '72 620 build

fontana620

Yo..love how you continue the body line around the corners & wow...flushin the lights !!! Keep goin Guy just 2 more weeks & remmeber no more all nighters allowed :cool:

I'm trying mark. Thanks, Guy.:D

the next time i flush one i am going to do a rising sun

Nice idea, I would like to see that. Thanks, Guy.

Damn I love the work......updates the truck in a whole new way and makes it look alot cleaner...I cant wait to see more by you.

Thanks for your comments. For me, it's alot of work. Trying to make things look clean. I'm going to work on this truck for two more weeks for the SWDP bbq, Then take a brake. Thanks again, Guy.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really looking good, lovin the fillers u made for the corner pieces, also think that welding light buckets to the fillers would be bad a$$, i have seen it done before years ago, smooth work and very sweet ideas..:D

Tom, I know you have seen it all. Just trying to do the good old days stuff. Thanks, Guy.

very inspirational

nice work

love it

DSC04812.jpg

I hope this gives ideas to members on here. I get the same from you guys also. Thanks for your comment, Guy.

No words can explain the awesome work your doing. Great job. What kind of welder are you using to fill in the holes on the fender. Not even wrappping the metal.

larry

Farmer, On the fender I used a little 80 amp mig welder. I just use short bursts to fill in the holes with no warping at all. Heres a link to my 320 thread, http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=6557 I'm using a miller 250 amp mig on the 320 and the 620. Thanks for your comment, Guy.

DSC04788.jpg

Guy, judging by your pic, when you did this did you use a washer on the bolt to the left and none on the right one? And tacked the bolt with no washer to the body itself? I am assuming you then removed the washer from the other side and tacked it to the body. I only ask because this was the approach I was going to take on the 521

Thanks

Donnie

Great work guy! Very, very nice:)!! Thanks for all the pic's and updates!! C'ya at the BarbQue!!

Jason thanks, See you at the bbq. Guy.:)

The 320 is an work of art. My 620 only has surface rust and I only need to fill in screw holes and such. The settings will help for future reference. Thats unless I sell everything.

Larry

Farmer thanks, i get alot of info from the postings members put on Ratsun myself. Hope the setting help. Guy.

Guy, judging by your pic, when you did this did you use a washer on the bolt to the left and none on the right one? And tacked the bolt with no washer to the body itself? I am assuming you then removed the washer from the other side and tacked it to the body. I only ask because this was the approach I was going to take on the 521

Thanks

Donnie

Buyeye yes, I used two large headed screws with washers to hold the lense where i wanted it to be. Then i took one of them out and put a small headed screw in without a washer with a nut on the backside and turned the nut so the head on small headed screw would be countersunk the thickness of the sheet metal and tack it in. Did the same to both screws. Most of the head of the screw is stiil there.

DSC04799.jpg

I hope this helps. Thanks, Guy.

BLASTED HOOKS ! ! ! ! Good riddance and goodbye ! ! !

I am just saying that as some of You guys on here LOVE those blasted hooks! But it definately looks good without them!!!

Sorry, to you guys that love Your hooks!!!!!!

Coming along nicely............. a week from this time today, the Bar-B-Que will be a memory. Looking forward to seeing Your progress in person Guy!!

ddddduuuuuudddddeeee, u r now startin to go all out, and u know that there is no turnin back now, u r rockin, as we used to say, KEEP ON TRUCKIN BABY!!!! she is gonna be sweet as sweet, luvin all the mods...:D:D:D

Not that I dont think all you ve done is sweet, But why didnt you weld up the center piece with the taillight buckets then get them Chromed..that way you have one solid piece no seems....Just a question and observation...lookin good though.