A long ago story

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Well it was about 1986,I had a 620 ,and we used to go up this road here on the Island(dumont) to a place called the wastelnds(now a motorbike track)any how been up there plenty before this night,was a great night wanted to check for the ole bonfire party etc,so me and a bud run up there we just trucking along and all is good get up there hmm not much ok ,well lets go up a bit farther to the Gavel pit,hmm not much tonight,well ok let head back to town,so we are ripping along wee slide wee,anyhow all good done this on this particular corner may times,well this time sideways,hmmm ummm we are rolling now umm this not good well hang on ,so here we go (the tow truck guy figured we rolled about 10 times)so finnaly the spinning of the world stops,me and my bud look at one another(while hanging upside down) what the fuck just happened,well the radio is playing a song from the movie Top Gun(danger zone )anyhow we unbuckle and get out of the truck at this point we are like where the fuck are we,cannot see shit all,no road just trees,so we see a set of head lights (above us)hmm we fell down ,so we are scrambling to get out of there and finaly figure out what had happened and were like wow,so ,then these guys give us a ride to town,we get tow truck,anyhow,we had seemed to roll between 2 tress and land upside down on a culvert, while we get the truck home pulled the plugs cranked it over to get the oil out of the cylinders,Low and behold it runs,a little twisted and no windows but we drove it around the block LOL:D

Datsuns ROCK

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'66 Mustang (not mine so ok)270hp 289 4 spd onto it's roof. Is that rolled a Mustang, or roll a Mustang, if you only go half way? Took out a mailbox and lost glasses. Next thing I'm looking out the fastback window (didn't break) so not wearing seat belt. This year car might not have had them or were maybe an option?

Guest 510kamikazifreak
'66 Mustang (not mine so ok)270hp 289 4 spd onto it's roof. Is that rolled a Mustang, or roll a Mustang, if you only go half way? Took out a mailbox and lost glasses. Next thing I'm looking out the fastback window (didn't break) so not wearing seat belt. This year car might not have had them or were maybe an option?

Damn that would be a hella car to have your hands on this day and age chah ching.

This year car might not have had them or were maybe an option?

just lap belts. my first ride was a '67 stang.

i rolled my 4dr dime. good thing i was wearing my belt. nothing weirder than undoing your belt hanging upside down and hitting the roof.

we got out, rolled it back over, kicked out the window and drove home :D

just lap belts. my first ride was a '67 stang.

i rolled my 4dr dime. good thing i was wearing my belt. nothing weirder than undoing your belt hanging upside down and hitting the roof.

we got out, rolled it back over, kicked out the window and drove home :D

This happened '69-'70 when I had my dad's old '64 Dodge and it didn't have belts so I never learned to use them. The next year I bought a new '70 Dart 340 and never having used seat belts I continued to not use them.

Well with 300hp to play with it wasn't long before I was throwing the car around. One morning I exited the 401 near Cobourg in Ontario at a high rate of speed into a left hand turn curve. The car and suspension could, and did handle it, but yours truly slid across the bench seat from the centrifugal force. There I was, hanging onto the steering wheel for dear life, with my ass on the passenger side of the seat against the door and both knees wrapped around the gear shift. I barely pulled my self back against the constant force of the turn, couldn't reach the brakes, can't steer, running out of curve!!! Just made it!

The light goes on! IF, I was wearing a seat belt, it would hold me behind the wheel! DUH!! Lesson learned. Tragedy narrowly averted.

• Like 1
Guest 510kamikazifreak
This happened '69-'70 when I had my dad's old '64 Dodge and it didn't have belts so I never learned to use them. The next year I bought a new '70 Dart 340 and never having used seat belts I continued to not use them.

Well with 300hp to play with it wasn't long before I was throwing the car around. One morning I exited the 401 near Cobourg in Ontario at a high rate of speed into a left hand turn curve. The car and suspension could, and did handle it, but yours truly slid across the bench seat from the centrifugal force. There I was, hanging onto the steering wheel for dear life, with my ass on the passenger side of the seat against the door and both knees wrapped around the gear shift. I barely pulled my self back against the constant force of the turn, couldn't reach the brakes, can't steer, running out of curve!!! Just made it!

The light goes on! IF, I was wearing a seat belt, it would hold me behind the wheel! DUH!! Lesson learned. Tragedy narrowly averted.

Thats awesome Mike,I did this once to in a 510:eek: with buckets,and also landing on the lap of a lady that was in the car she was like Holy Fuck,i was ohh its ok hard left corner sticky tires showing off ahhh was a great night lol:D

my (17yo) lesson was as a passenger in a galaxy 500 w/ a 351C going into a hard right, i slid into the driver whose door opened and launched him across the road, so there i am in the drivers seat :eek: cuz my buddy is outside on the street.

i managed to stop w/o serious body damage.

from that day on i have always worn my belt.

its easy to look back and laugh now, but i think i threw my shorts away after that.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

When I was a little kid(about 10-11)my folks lived in sqaumish,they are into old tin,so I am riding in there friends model A pickup,we go around a corner,Hmm tumbling I go out the pass side of it,(boy did they feal bad):eek: bit of road rash but all was ok,

Boys, those are great funny stories. Thank God we survived to laugh at them later, eh?

When I was younger, me and two buddies were out on the back roads foolin' around. My best friend Garth Brooks, (not the other guy) was sitting on the window ledge with his feet inside the van and the rest outside, while thumping his hands on the roof and yelling. Jim reaches over with his foot and kicks the door handle open and pushes Garth out on the swinging door. We were going slow, so I moved the van over and ran him through some thistles on the side of the road. Man it was funny. Then the door hinge broke, the door fell off with Garth still inside it and I ran over this left arm. Man those were good times! lol Oh yeah, Garth was ok.

I remember one time a good buddy of Pete and I came back from northern Alberta to visit his folks. We hadn't seen Rick for a couple of years, so we all got together in his Chevy truck for some fun. Rick drove his truck with Pete in the middle with one leg on each side of the transmission hump and me riding shotgun. We were way out on the back unimproved roads, (fourXfour trails now) listening to the radio, yelling and shooting the shit, when we came to a soft boggy area covered with water. Up until then Rick had been quite careful, and slowly eased the big Chev down into the water... Suddenly the truck lept ahead, engine screaming, tires spinning, white water blocking any view to the sides, Rick frantically steering, jumping over hidden holes, banging our heads on the roof and shins on the dash, muddy water spraying in the windows, brown rooster tail of mud behind us, one more bounce and out and up onto the road. Muddy water running off everything, I turn to Rick and say what the fuck was that? He just laughed and pointed at Petes left foot, it seems that as the truck began to tilt forward as we went down into the water, Pete pushed down with his feet to brace himself. Rick had his foot on the brake and Pete's left foot mashed the gas peddle to the floor! It was scary, but no harm done.

hi, also a long time ago a few of us friends put our bikes up on my friend's car rack ( a red little Datsun) and off we headed from Capitol Hill, Seattle up to the Edmonds ferry to go on a nice bike ride. We were on I-5 near Shoreline, when we heard weird noises and my friend, the driver immediately pulled off to the sholder.

Good thing! The left wheel came off and went flying across the freeway and smashed into a brand new Audi on the opposite side of the freeway and then continued off the freeway completely.

My friend, the driver started cussing and said that he had no insurance and that he was going to let the state tow away the #%@&^& car! So, I said..."can I have it?" and he said yes....so we put the tire back on, with a couple of lugs broken off and limped the car slowly back home. Apparently he had been driving it with one out of four lugs missing! Who thinks to check over a friend's car before going for a ride?

Anyway I got the title to the car, which turned out to be a 1965 PL 410 sedan, a very rare little car. It had lots of minor damage due to my friend's horrid driving, so I ended up replacing most of the body parts.

My friend who worked with my at my Aviation job helped me to paint, rebuild and restore this little car with the tiny positive ground engine to very good condition. I autocrossed raced it and won my class back in '92. Lots of fun with this car, and went to lots of car shows. Now unfortunately the Seattle weather has taken its toll of the poor car being outside for so many years and it needs more body work.

My car has over 600,000 miles on the original tranny and engine. I had a few improvements made to autocross race, such as a Weber carb, 5 point harness and disc brakes up front, along with a sway bar and stiffer shocks. I have had lots of looks, especially from Japanese folks when they see it.

Hopefully when Jeff gets done with his latest project, my car Giddiup will make it into our shop and get some well-deserved TLC! This car and I were featured in a Japanese auto restoration magazine some years back.

Don't let anyone tell you that Datsuns don't last long!

i got a fun wheel coming off story. So there i was freshly out of the navy visiting my parents back in cali. (was in hawaii for 3.5 years) but my car had not made it over on the boat yet, so my dad let me borrow what was going to be my brothers car. it was a 67 el camino (my brothers favorite car don't know what happened with him) so the first trip me and my buddy take in the car is to go to san luis obisbo to visit my buddy rick for st. patty's. We get all of 45 min. from the house when i blow a tire, of course having no spare had to wait for my dad to bring a tire.. now that is just the first time this car tried to kill us (tire blew at 70 on the hwy) but the last night i am driving the car (i was picking mine up that next morning) we are coming back from bakersfield coming up the mountain cruising along at about 75 when it felt wobbly thinking i was blowing the other tire we pulled over to check, but everything looked fine so we continue homeward once again at 75 with semi trucks behind and in front of us when BANG!!! the left rear tire passes by my window so now i am driting a 3 wheeled el camino at 75 up a hill on the hwy with two drunk friends laughing cause it is fun to them.. that is until the semi lights start shining through the pasenger window.. to shorten the story i manged to stop the car the right way on the side of the road barely missing the huge curb the went to a mountain wall.. as soon as i stopped the semi screams by us.. so we found the wheel put it on using the 3 remaining studs drove the car home went to sleep and in the morning asked my dad if he was trying to kill me..

in a 69 wagon that i had just spent a month in baja, ~1500 mi on 95% dirt roads.

the week i got back, i was making a delivery of an aquarium about 40mi. after said delivery w/ cash in hand driving home up PCH, i hear this horrible grinding followed by near loss of steering :eek: made over to the side and get out to see the F wheel barley hanging on (!-)

good thing this didnt happen in mexico!

it cost me all the cash i just earned to repair the bearings/brakes.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hers a little story about a Midnight rally(here on the Isalnd a sactioned event)anyhow,Here I am a 4 dr dime, getting reading to rip up some good ole Gravel roads ,And here we are in a stage just giving it boom the hood Flies up ohhh shit,no biggie got a bungie card great lets go, Poof blow a tire ahhh still good to go ,Bamm a car on the side of the road (on its side) hmm well at least not the only one having issues,so keep going, Poof another tire(WTF)well thanks god i had 3 tires for spares, all is good now we are on the last stage(real early in the am 5-6 am it started at 12 mid) Great we going good getting a bit tired ohh no biggie Zoom we go through a section (the humpback) anyhow Ripping good all is great a bit dosile but we holding ours, Ohhh SHIT Right Hairpin,Damn Slamm into the Ditch bang bang boom ,what happened hmm get out hmm why is the bumper attached to the front valance hmm did we lose a rad,NOPE sweet keep going,So needless to say the points were not too good bud a what the heck was a great time,but overall the year we managed to get the Novice of the year