It's no Harley...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Sportster shot an old photo or did you dye the beard?

Sporty was shot in 1996...........I was 55 then and that beard was as grown....Dark brown....(now then I did touch up the Moustache tho...for some damn reason, that thing started to turn grey in my 40s..) and my hair did not even hint at grey until bout 3 yrs ago..lucky I guess...(now tho the beard is pretty white and I don't grow it anymore, ha ha ha ha ha)........as for the 450 That thing is dead on original........down to the original tires!!!!...We took it to the Japanese Classic Car Show last year and it got more attention than some of the cars...(specially with older Asians there)...the 81 YZ is my "vintage Motocross bike"...racin 'bout once a month now...gettin older ya know....

Where do you see a build it yourself kit on there? I looked but I couldnt find anything other than their pre-made setup for $1500 bucks.

... well i hadn't really looked for it before but i just did and it never says either way on their website. but i read an article in ... i-forget-which bike magazine and they showed a step by step on how to build it showing that it's shipped in 3 boxes. and if you read the "assembly instructions" on their site it says it'll be shipped in 3 boxes. so i don't even think they offer a "turn-key" bike.

Sporty was shot in 1996...........I was 55 then and that beard was as grown....Dark brown....(now then I did touch up the Moustache tho...for some damn reason, that thing started to turn grey in my 40s..) and my hair did not even hint at grey until bout 3 yrs ago..lucky I guess...

I'd say you are! My hair started turning grey at 29, my beard at 31. Now at 34 I have way more grey than black.

as for the 450 That thing is dead on original........down to the original tires!!!!...We took it to the Japanese Classic Car Show last year and it got more attention than some of the cars...

Bringing it again next month? I'd LOVE to see it up close.

[

Bringing it again next month? I'd LOVE to see it up close.

As for right now, yes it will be there at the JCCS this year again..(also I believe the original owner will attend as well.. (she is the lady I got my newest project from.... a very clean '72 620 (probably ready for JCCS 2008)..look us up if you are coming..my Yellow truck is hard to miss

Ol Yeller, I was gonna say "Nice scrambler", but I think I realized that's not what the Honda is. My cousin has an old 305 Scrambler he rides around.

On a side note, I bought an 04 GSXR 750 engine off ebay! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I'll either put it in a quad, or a dwarf car... Possibly a lawn mower.

• 2 months later...