• Please log in to reply
3663 replies to this topic

#3661 freekwonder

freekwonder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  • Cars:'72 510, '13 Frontier

Posted Yesterday, 06:24 AM

Picked up my gas tank after being cleaned and sealed.  Just needs a new fuel pump. 

before

MvLETl6.jpg

X6WTASl.jpg

after

wn9PF4f.jpg

WmTK9rt.jpg

zxzsGEP.jpg

#3662 datsuntech

datsuntech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Cars:5 70-73 Datsun 510's, 3 Datsun 1000's, 8 D21 pickups, '83 200SX, '83 RX-7 GSL, 86 Multi 4WD........

Posted Yesterday, 04:36 PM

OK, gotta ask. Why are there two fuel pump mounting rings in your tank? Are you running dual fuel pumps?

Picked up my gas tank after being cleaned and sealed.  Just needs a new fuel pump. 

before

MvLETl6.jpg

X6WTASl.jpg

after

wn9PF4f.jpg

WmTK9rt.jpg

Rear Wheel Drive, the way God intended.
If a car is being pulled from the front, doesn't that mean it's being towed?

#3663 edekalil

edekalil

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Cars:3-510 2 door sedans, 2 wagons all early 70s

Posted Today, 05:10 AM

They must have used the same coating on yours as the place used on mine when I had 4 tanks done a couple of years ago. Had that same color to it. I was gonna ask what car that tank was for cause I only have one sending unit hole on mine. I see you have two holes. Good luck on it.

CEO of the McComb, MS chapter of the 510

#3664 freekwonder

freekwonder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  • Cars:'72 510, '13 Frontier

Posted Today, 06:00 AM

OK, gotta ask. Why are there two fuel pump mounting rings in your tank? Are you running dual fuel pumps?

No, just one fuel pump. The setup is from a twin turbo 300zx.  It had the fuel pump and a level sending unit that had a hose running to the fuel pump.  Not exactly sure what it was doing, but it was on the other side of the hump in the gas tank from the fuel pump. So I figured it couldn't hurt to have it, though maybe it was working as sort of a secondary pickup, but could be totally wrong.  And figured if I was already cutting one hole in the top of my tank, it can't hurt to cut two and put them both in my stock tank.

They must have used the same coating on yours as the place used on mine when I had 4 tanks done a couple of years ago. Had that same color to it. I was gonna ask what car that tank was for cause I only have one sending unit hole on mine. I see you have two holes. Good luck on it.

I'm hoping the coating is good, seems like I shouldn't have any more leaking problems. but car is just a KA powered dime. See answer above lol. 

zxzsGEP.jpg