Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/6/2023 at 8:35 AM, banzai510(hainz) said:

I just installedsome SSR Mesh on my 510 w 510 struts. the wheel hit the strut. I called Icehouse on here and he told me to order 510 rear (Doorman brand)studs ad put them in the fron hub. I had a extra set of hubs and had a machined billet 5/16 spacer and fits perfect with lots of threads.

I used a vise and a fat socket to push the studs out. installed new studs fine and fell the slines line up Wack with hammer to its set then I revered it using the Socket to push them back in.

Just me here I think I would have like to see more threads going thru that wheel NUT.

I think zcardepot has machined 1/4 spacers look under 280zx

https://zcardepot.com/collections/wheel-related/products/wheel-spacer-1-4-4-lug-pair-240z-260z-280z?variant=39935287754865

280zx like closer to 0 offset as the hubs are 3/4 closer in the fender

@banzai510(hainz) sweet you got the wheels on. I hear you on seeing more threads go through the wheel nut but it has a lot of thread on it. If I do go with a longer stud then for sure will have way more than enough of threading.  There's A Dorman number shared with me 610-320 and the stud is almost 2" long and supposedly has the same knurl as the oem ones. If I swap out I'll go with these.

On 7/11/2023 at 8:58 AM, edekalil said:

Thank you for the window bling Busta!

No problem man.................

...............you've always kept in touch and held strong with your Datsuns.......

You're a good dude.........I appreciate that......

.........you're the only one that hasn't been to the shop who has one......

....everyone else has to come hang out for one......😄

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I may have given a few away at a Canby a number of years ago.......

I have one.. from Canby I think, but I've also been to the shop. 😉 Hope you and the fam are doing well.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, after struggling with the FAST EFI 2.0 setup, I have given up and just yanked it out of the car. Going back to the factory Nissan harness and ECU. 

Sure, it will not look as clean, but, I know it runs! And I want to drive my car!!! 

Had to update the fuel injector plugs to the newer Xterra type, but it should be worth it. 

OGharness1.jpg

OGharness.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't been doing much just trying to drive the car as much but recently had an issue with cylinder #4 plug getting fouled and causing the engine to surge or run bad.  Forced reason to do a compression test and check valve guide seals. The compression #'s were good and Valvetrain didn't seem to be an issue so checked the carbs and cleaned out the pilot jets and verified the sync was good.  Also made a better mark on the crank pulley for easier visibility for checking timing and going to powder coat the front valance/shield since it's off. Bought a new telescopic mirror to get a better view on the carb bores to verify if I had a leaking pump nozzle or sticking/gummed up check valve. Getting more familiar with the Mikuni manual. At the time no issue. Put a new plug in that cylinder and so far the engine runs good or back to normal/pulls hard. Just going to drive it as much as I can and monitor.

EB32B6BB-929D-4763-B388-12197BCF9353.JPG

D23FC0A6-851C-4C5F-9A8A-2FBB7C55BCB8.JPG

IMG_2790.jpg

D8C41D12-C96E-4757-9B58-EB628DA788F1.JPG

Edited by benzo
  • Like 1
On 9/9/2023 at 6:29 AM, KELMO said:

Not sure what happened there...

Most likely using a T3 cross member or something similar. T3 has the single hole in the middle.

That is correct. I’m using a crossmember similar to the T3 ones. Got it from vg30.com years ago. Yes it is an S30-S130 trans mount and I’m also using a 280zx 5 speed. 

• Thanks 1