What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dang are those the original bias ply tires?!!

Ya I know, I cringe when I take her out, so far so good . I only put her around her and there just got the gas tank back in. Gotta get her cleaned up when it gets warm again and drop that tail pipe and stop that rattle. Also put another rear bumper on.

Ya I know, I cringe when I take her out, so far so good . I only put her around her and there just got the gas tank back in. Gotta get her cleaned up when it gets warm again and drop that tail pipe and stop that rattle. Also put another rear bumper on.

you're probably ok as long as you don't take it on the highway. lol

Ohh this gas that was in it was crazy old. I bought the car from someone who probably hadn't driven it in a year, maybe more.

I asked cause I had my cars sit for a long time (started having seizures and could not drive until I was seizure free for 6 months. That went on for about 3 years) and the gas got funky and got some rust in the tanks. That has been a pain but I learned from it, but if it's only been a couple of months then you should be fine. When the gas gets old from sitting it will smell like varnish when you run it. At that point you should drain it and not use it because it can do damage to the motor. I use only no ethanol in all my old cars now and I keep them running so I don't have that issue any more.

Ohh this gas that was in it was crazy old. I bought the car from someone who probably hadn't driven it in a year, maybe more.

Well if it has any old funky gas in it that is dried up and any rust in it you may want to take it out and get it cleaned up and coated. That old gas will smell like varnish as it burns and is not good for your motor. Could cause problems like many a stuck valve. Anyway hope it not in the shape mine got into. Otherwise good luck with her and enjoy the ride.

look what i found

26360933498_1a1f902380_b.jpg

my project was making a weird noise sunday while i was trying to get it running. popped the VC when i got home today.

TA-DAH

rocker arm fell off #2 and chewed it up.

That sucks, when I pulled the cover on the 70 510 sedan to adjust the valve things I found it had a broken head bolt. Still runs so far with no issues, right now I just put it around town.

• Like 1

Thinking of getting that gas tank in the goon. Had to help a friend fix his 1932 national resonator guitar. The sides are coming loose.

52_C7423_A-_D95_D-4_CC6-96_B3-_E45_B9191

ECD5_F574-_F6_D6-4_D9_F-_A5_FD-_B2_EEF0_

AB270_F65-_ABA6-4_AAE-947_C-0_EDE91_A333

5_AA01_A39-52_D6-490_D-9326-5159_BF51153

Weather is getting warmer so I plan to get a week of vac and get the Goon up and driving hear in the near future.

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...

Let's go this Sunday

Lotsa fools and miatas

Sunday isn’t a good day to be in that area. Lots of riff raff and police presence.

Mulholland, a Canyon with quite a few of "Those Turns" and is why I quit going there and simply drove Carbon Canyon when I lived in Whittier.

This part of Mulholland is a bad place to be. The spot was burned out years ago and many things have changed up there to deter people from hanging out. Surrounding roads are usually ok.

• Like 1