What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Junkyard, i fabbed up a cover plate for the backside of those switches from a scrap of steel 1 inch wide. My 510 didn't have it either. If you're interested in making one.

My dash never came with the cover plate that sits behind the wiper/headlight switches.

So I fabbed my own out of a piece of pretty scrap I had.

20160429_172751_zpsgbiiycjn.jpg

And ended up with this.

20160429_172221_zps8ptmg1oc.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the result. I'm planning to just apply it with some double sided moulding tape once im ready for it.

• Like 2

Been driving it last few weekends, had a dripper situation that turned out being the oil pan bolts loose....all of them WTF LOL, installed the oil catch can and a new bigger air filter, boy did that filter make a huge difference, I had a small hesitation between 4k and 4.5k RPMs and now the needle just flies up past 5k with no hesitation and smoothly :thumbup:

20170205_123552.jpg

• Like 3

Gotta get the cars cranked and pulled out tomorrow, called The Radiator Shop down in New Orleans and the fella said they charge $150. To clean and coat or line the inside of the tank. Also found some new sending units for about $20. So now I have to get her done.

• Like 1

Put this on, thanks 71Dimer.

Now I feel almost official still gotta get one lowered.

03EEBAF1-BC7D-4722-843A-DFBC1D667434.jpg

Fired her up and took a ride and watched everyone point and look and ask about it, yea and I still have to wash her and polish her up here soon.

69CF1743-08BA-44E5-9E01-D7E6547B35E6.jpg

When't out back and looked at the Goon, thought of Mr Big Tankers Goon and broke down and cried.

FEF71C09-7608-45F8-AFCA-C6ED70903FE2.jpg

• Like 1