What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got some more parts on the motor (starter, alternator, radiator) Now gotta connect the exhaust and down pipe. Still gotta find the tube that comes out the side and connects to a Pcv valve. And need to put a carb on it. Hopefully not far away from cranking it up after putting good gas hoses and stuff on here soon. Got some parts to hook up the emergency brakes so now that's working.

1AA34F11-8AF1-46F3-904F-2D7B15F32A8B.jpg

• Like 1

i had the stock type 3 core radiator and the car always ran at 195 I had a fan clutch that went bad and locked up so i replaced it , the new clutch spun free and I didnt have time too get another one before canby so blue stayed home and we brought cindy the 1200 coupe

this pissed me off just a little so I got a koyo radiator new stock style water pump duel mishimoto slim electric fans and a derale fan controller

I also got a stock l20 thermostat housing with three inlet holes

one for the stock sender and gauge

one for the autometer gauge

and one for the sender to turn the fans on

I am super happy with the radiator and fans driving down the road on a hot day it stays at or below 180 and in traffic creeps up to about 185

I am running a pusher and a puller so there is still alot of air that passes by the carbs and intake manifold

I had to space the radiator just like the champions just in case anyone is wondering how these fit

IMG_20160730_011925900_HDR_zpsi6usmpmx.j

the fan controller with relay IMG_20160730_011936466_zpshvupudkd.jpg

close but nothing rubs

these are 10 inch fansIMG_20160730_011943065_zpspiyqns4p.jpg

the spacers came from the distribution blocks on 280z brake lines

the fender one for the thick spacer and the firewall one for the thin spacer

IMG_20160730_012001246_zpsqnfsamnt.jpg

IMG_20160730_012015695_zpstsawj2zj.jpgIMG_20160730_013152157_HDR_zpsoutfmakz.jIMG_20160622_182032033_HDR_zpsatqxzpmp.jIMG_20160622_181111593_zpsux8pd3ls.jpgIMG_20160622_180548248_zpswbnueype.jpg

IMG_20160827_145958877_zpszmcexedn.jpg

all of the holes line up with factory core support holes and if you are running a stock fan the shroud will also bolt up to the tabs provided

I used 2 of those tabs to mount one side of the puller fan

Very nice, for added safety measure get a pressure release cap.

I'm either going to order a koyo or get a custom made radiator here locally, my 1000 mile piece of shit champion blew my head gasket....fucker has a hole down in the seams where the fins end at the bottom....don't ever buy a champion, shit quality!

• Like 1

I fixed my fuel tank and got the car going but unfortunately I think my regulator isn't working? And/or carbs need a rebuild or really good tune.

Looking for anyone in SoCal that could come to do a tune.

I actually put the stock fuel pump back on but I'll be keeping my electrical setup for next swap. I also fixed one of the gaskets on my carbs and now they don't leak anymore :D I'll be tuning them and timing on Friday and then I'll be finishing up interior shortly as well.

• Like 1

The tank is gummed up with the old varnish tar from evaporated gas from the past. Got the motor started using a can with some gas in it to get her running she's a little ruff still, gotta get gas flowing from the tank first. I can at least drain this tank easer because I can get to the plug.

Got plans to start her again and run her a little, try to get her up to temp and see if she will idle on her own and check for any signs of leaks. Got to clean up the Webber 32/36 dgv and figure how to hook up the link edge. Also figure if I can fish something down the file line to free up the flow and get the tank in gummed up.