What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so i decided that the wagon needed some new carpet.  i used the dry ice method to get that old 70's tar off and it worked great.

27945054581_0c856c1692_k.jpg

27945051611_ce2f2b8925_k.jpg

in the middle of doing the driver and pass side i noticed some holes in the floor :(

27945045691_2858b25d11_k.jpg

27945055581_da38a5bb92_k.jpg

now my quick weekend project has turned into a "i need to patch the floor" project.  oh well, if i would have left that shit on there the problem might have gotten worse.

• Like 2

My windshield seal leaks like a mofo. The upper corners have huge splits in them, so water gets in there, runs down the inside of the A pillar, into the kick panel area, then dumps out all over the floors. Even after washing the car I have huge messes to clean.

Took the dime out today, went to get hair cut, then visited Al, then my uncles....I noticed after I got off the freeway and onto the surface streets to get home that my temp was above normal.....looked at secondary that is also on the thermostat housing and it was reading above normal 190° and it continued rising....as I sped up the temp dropped so I immediately Suspected the pushers weren't coming on......got home verified it and pulled her in....

First thing I checked was the fuse....looked good so I grabbed my test light and started troubleshooting.....I had power coming to the circuit but not to the relay.....so I took the fuse out and stuck in the tester.....power!.....wtf....I put in the fuse.......no power......fuse didn't look bad....the filament inside the glass is in one piece......wtf......I stuck in a new fuse.....power!......wtf......I guess the filament was bad at the base......dunno.....was a 15A replaced it with a 20A.......I'll keep an eye on it :thumbup:

Installed the new(er) turn signal switch. Works like a fucking champ! Also took care of an annoying vibration rattle in my janky ass Momo steering wheel. Used thin strips of aluminum h-vac duct tape as shims over the four reference tabs and bingo, jank be gone.  :D I have poly motor mounts, so I've been chasing down all sorts of squeeks, buzzes, rattles, and groans. Finally nothing but motor.

• Like 1

Looked at it and wish it could be my daily so bad. Not are if engine seized or braked and just about all the lines need to be redone because they're not flared well. I just want it done...