What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whent to crank my 72/510 and she's not getting any gas. I figure it's time for a new fuel pump. Ordered one from Rock Auto sence Napa was so high and wanted me to pay $10 shipping on top of the price. First time I have ordered from Rock Auto but I read about them here a lot.

Please note that when fitting windshield seals the moulding are fitted to the seal before installing into the vehicle.

This is how the factory did them & is documented in the early factory manuals.

If mouldings are not fitted to the seal the corners will not sit correctly.

If you do not have the correct mouldings then a smooth type seal is required.

• Like 2

Potato oic is better than no oic, right?

9498BEDF-066D-4CB9-AA31-2C7864015D47_zps

You should really use the HD foam half rounds on the bar....that old school full round padding is not good enough for your head....even when wearing a helmet.  At the very least use a pair of flush cut snips to clean the tail of the zip tie....

You should really use the HD foam half rounds on the bar....that old school full round padding is not good enough for your head....even when wearing a helmet.  At the very least use a pair of flush cut snips to clean the tail of the zip tie....

I got this padding for free, and I went with it because my head is a minimum of 10" away from the bar at driving position. When I have my seatbelt on, I couldn't accidently hit my head on it. I'm more likely to hit my head on the B pillar. In the event of some horrendous wreck, I'm going to smack my head on something, roll bar or not.

I didn't cut the zip ties flush because if for whatever reason the zip tie slips a tooth, there's another tooth or two to catch it from exploding; causing the zip tie to penetrate my skull, killing me, causing a horrendous wreck, and causing someone to hit their head on their "improperly padded" rollbar.

• Like 1

Took it out of winter storage and drove it.

Then replaced a headlight that was out.

I missed this car all winter.

I did the same David. Thought Chapman might need a little tinkering from sitting this winter, nope! Fired right up and ran like a dog being let out of his crate. Love this car!

IMG_5144.jpg

• Like 5

Took it out of winter storage and drove it.

Then replaced a headlight that was out.

I missed this car all winter. 5FC5AF80-EC67-4CA5-9B08-921B25B942A6_zps

Nice 2 Door, If I'm lucky I'll get mine out today. Gotta put on à fuel pump, She was running great last I cranked her before she stopped getting fuel. Gotta get a couple of vehicles out of the way to pull her out.
  • Like 1

Finally got to drive her, the fuel pump was good just had to tap on the carb where the gas go's in ad it loosens the stuck closed float valve. Sitting for the last month cause rain and other cars not functioning to move out the way, Running fine now.

AD2E16FC-D4C7-4DE7-8B80-D9C648198C96.jpg

Airing or drying this one out. Gotta finish hooking things up and get the brakes working hear soon.

93C11A89-517A-4BD6-B7B4-9427A2A6C335.jpg

• Like 2