• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Painted behind the grill/valance.

The results give me chub.

24092391193_b3e85e2318_c.jpgIMG_1567 by thomas telesco, on Flickr

That was a lot of taping.

So glad you did that. So many times people leave that spot body color, and it really takes away from the effect of a nice grill, especially on light colored cars.

• Like 1

Today I learned the difference of what a spark gap can make. I didn't realize that the stock sr20 had a .036 spark gap. I read on some forum (instead of reading the FSM, doh!) that the spark gap is .028. That doesn't seem like much difference, but my engine ran pig rich (unburnt fuel) while the spark gap was too small. I fixed it today and it runs much much better.

Also, everybody needs to install a wideband O2 sensor so they can more quickly diagnose their engine problems. I saw my engine running rich long before I peeked at the plugs to see them fouled out.

• Like 1

Do you know what happens when previous owners of engines are lazy and they install the knock sensor in the wrong location? Well, if the sensor is in the bolt-hole right next to the location where the engine and transmission meet, your knock sensor thinks you are pinging out at all times, and the timing gets pulled so much you bog out amd have a red-hot exhaust.

Previous owners. Sigh.

Got that fixed today, and NOW I know what an sr20sr20det is supposed to feel like!

Stupid to watch fun to do.  Like riding a moped.  I already compete in there auto crossing event, which is fun.  It's way out just got a good deal on the motor so couldn't pass it up.  Came with the ecu that's been reflashed so it doesn't need any of the CAN communication to get it out of limp mode.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...