What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the roll bar painted. I used VHT "roll bar and chassis" paint. I read online that it's supposed to be some tough stuff. I would expect it to be if it's designed to go on chassis' and possibly door bars that are being rubbed on. It's the first time I've used it, and I like it a lot. Looks and feels exactly like POR15. There's definitely a different feel over normal spray paint. I would recommend it.

1F3FFF7E-87F4-4C5A-A3FB-F3CBD84EE506_zps

FB4E2C64-09F5-447E-9F4E-426D88D08411_zps

• Like 1

Polished out my new to me, in awesome condition (thanks David!!!) rocker trim and added a black strip down the centers.

Also polished small brass freeze out plugs and replaced the silver caps that came with my license plate screws.

22549635283_970fca70eb_c.jpg

22549635373_66f1716198_c.jpg

How fckin awesome would it be if I could get the classic plate to say 70-510 !!!

-Edit: I can! and i will!!!

• Like 1

Added some dust protection to my camber plates.

Used the cap from an oil bottle and packed it with grease. Could probably have found something that fit the over circumference, but the grease holds it in place just fine, and the stock dust cap is holding it down.

Just sticky foam gasket for the rest.

22933500170_afe94f88ee_c.jpg

22933500250_3c0b8eec08_c.jpg

22933500300_b7dcd5cb35_c.jpg

22933500340_fe23b9b89b_c.jpg

cause preventive maintenance.

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes it did, so I got another one. The new one is real good so far, but its the Z alt so its bit bigger. But who doesnt like bigger ;)

I have a lifetime on a starter from there and have changed it out like 5 times, once I had to do two in one week. Fuck em is the way I see it I'm going to take em back everytime

I have a lifetime on a starter from there and have changed it out like 5 times, once I had to do two in one week. Fuck em is the way I see it I'm going to take em back everytime

Go to the JY and try to find a factory built gear reduction. Chances are the car is there for something other than a bad starter. I have an extra in the garage just in case. I found another from a Maxima last time, but I realized it was a reman, so I left it.

Every time you go to exchange your starter under warranty, you're just getting the same one back. They rebuild starters like some people "rebuild" transmissions...