What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the fuse block situated for the new headlight harness. I positioned it accordingly so it's more parallel with the curve of the strut tower. The top edges of the brackets have been trimmed to follow the shape of the legs.

33C02DCA-8327-4691-905C-444F902AC732_zps

You missed a spot of yellow... :thumbup:

Very sexy dual side drafts!, no exhaust heat shield?

I was building one until chuck to me he would sell me his so I just have to pick it up. It will go on before I try to make 185whp. I made 179whp at 7400rpm last time it was on the dyno.

• Like 1

Instant power gain, make sure you get them tuned properly and don't forget to make or buy a heat shield to protect the carbs from rising manifold heat ;)

You and those heat shields! You should start making KoHearts Heat shilds, I would buy one.

• Like 1

Dressed up Chapman's grill! I actually didn't know it was a '69 grill on my 71 till I did this. (That is what I gather anyway.) Went with a pretty unusual 'Datsun' badge for the grill to be a little different. 1000000 internets to whomever can name that badge first. And thanks to Futofab for the Rat -n- Wrenches!

IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

• Like 5

looks killer! are those old skool work equips?

Thanks! Lockleaf nailed it. Devil Japan Shadow. (Different than the more known Devil Japan Shadow Spoke.) The only thing I've read about them suggests they were made in 1979. 14X6 and 14X6.5 Won them on yahoo Japan and had them shipped over.

Did the alignment and set up the suspension that I installed over the past few weekends, and beat the dust off of it! :)

F*king stoked about the way it all came out!

22868964082_a653b90285_c.jpg

A few more minor things like mounting the ft. bumper, painting it black behind the valance, and getting a spook on there, and she will be "done".

But they are never done, so who am I kidding :)

Just happy i got to drive it before it snows!!!

• Like 4

Put in a matchbox distributor in and she runs great.

IMG_20151116_171148.jpg

IMG_20151116_171136.jpg

The one I had was in car way back that I had taken apart and so I figured I would use it. Put it in and no fire. Swopped with the one from the 70 510 and it worked. So now I have to figure why the other did not work. I have never seen one just stop. I ha anouther that I can use the electronic pickup stuff from to make the 70 go again. Just have to figure where to get another for the wagoon down the way.

IMG_20151116_152309.jpg

• Like 1