FS: 510 Carpet Kit For All 2 Door, 4 Door, & Wagon

***UPDATE: 06/14/2016 (3/17/14): Hey guys, I'm always selling my carpet kits, so if you want one, just PM me and include your cell number and I'll text you back ASAP!  :)***

***UPDATE: 10/31/13: Sorry guys I was away for a bit due to back surgery but I'm back and I clearned out inbox so I'm ready to take new orders!, so send your PM's***

****I'm STILL selling these carpet kits.****

****If you're interesed in them just contact me!****

Hey guys I have sold a few of my own carpet kits to a few guys either on here/the realm/ or offline all by word of mouth so far. I have 1 kit left so figured I might post it on here to see if anyone is interested.

These are patterned after the factory originals which came in a two piece carpet kit.  This is a direct replacement except that you will need to cut your own shifter hole location since some of you guys mess with transmission swaps or some of you (gasp) have automatic transmissions! 

Installation is EASY to do on your own and does not require any special 'custom' installation techniques or tools.

Once installed, it is a very nice flush fit, It will not look like a big old overflowing carpet mess! :)

This is NOT the thin speaker box type material carpet you get in rolls from Walmart. The carpet has a nice thick rubber backing that allows for installation without the need for additional padding or to be glued down. It stays in place very well and really reduces road noise, but if you need or want additional padding, you can easily add it yourself.

$110 picked up (shipping available as well)

Here's a short list of guys on this forum or the realm that have bought them from me:
-Hector(Ratsun nick thatsoon510) from Mountain View has them on his 2 door and wagon 510.
-David (510realm nick smithengineered) from Louisville KY said "Hey Mario the kit worked out great! and it fitted great too!"
-Kelly (Ratsun/realm nick Xerox) from Sacramento said "i actually just got to installing my carpet kit like a week ago...Fitment was good...i am happy with it." and "It was surprising how much road noise was decreased as a result of installing this carpet!!"
-Alex (Ratsun nick zhiguli510) has a set on his sweet red SR20DE 510
-Yours truly has them on both my 2 door and my wagon http://community.ratsun.net/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif
-2 others not on Ratsun or the510realm (OMG!) are running them too.

Here's some pics of my carpet kit laid out side by side by the kit you can buy from datsunrestore/datsunlandsocal/etc places

DSCN4465.jpg

DSCN4461.jpg

Here's some pics of it installed on my blue 2 door, being test fitted in my 68 wagon, and in Kelly's sweet black 510.
DSCN4683.jpg

IMG_6178.jpg

DSCN4303.jpg?t=1245978872

l_4b5b33fb0df6427eaf5c783a537cf521.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nudime (Keith), got your payment, will have it out in the mail tomorrow. Thanks...I can make more if there's more interest. :)

Jackedaw11 & Nudime, your carpets will be on thier way this morning. I have them wrapped/taped up with the UPS shipping label all done...just got to drop them off at the UPS on my way out of town (within the next hour). I've PM'ed both of you your tracking numbers. :)

Edited by 71DIMER

No problem ichorid, just send the paypal and it'll all be on its way :P

Newark510: I PMed you. :)

Edited by 71DIMER

I helped Kelly install this carpet kit in his dime. Fitment is awesome for the price you pay. The carpet is actually quite plush, and it helps deaden a lot of sound. Not very hard to install, just take your time to make sure you cut the proper places and sizes for shifter and pedals.

Yeah I left some extra material on the sides just to be safe it fits. Glad the install went well on his car. :)

• 1 month later...

anyone have a way to get a hold of 71DIMER? I sent a PM to him, was hoping to find out if he had any carpet kits available...I am going to be needing the front carpet set for my wagon soon, and I would much rather buy a carpet set that I can see pictures of installed and that other ratsun members have in their cars.

only problem now is waiting for him to stop back by the site!

sent a PM...hoping the sedan and the wagons share the same front carpet.

Yep they're the same :)

anyone have a way to get a hold of 71DIMER? I sent a PM to him, was hoping to find out if he had any carpet kits available...I am going to be needing the front carpet set for my wagon soon, and I would much rather buy a carpet set that I can see pictures of installed and that other ratsun members have in their cars.

only problem now is waiting for him to stop back by the site!

I sent you a PM back.

still have any available? where are you located?

I have some, I'm in Sunnyvale (near San Jose).

i need

PM me if you want to get one PC.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.