510 lowriders???

datsunfreak

Lowrider or no?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Lowrider or no?

• Yeah, if it was clean it would be cool...
    • What the hell is your problem?!?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not from what I've seen. I've had 2 '68s and 3 '69s. So far all the same, just the '68 has no light in the rear.

Can you post a pic of one of yours off the car?

My car didn't have side markers when I bought it. It was barely a roller, all the 68 goodies where long gone, well except the pillars but I got shaved those.

• 4 months later...

I have a Lowrider true to the style. Hydros, wire wheels, metal flake paint etc. I will say this, I have built and owned different styles of trucks over the years. And they all have there own style. And the true lowriders are no exception. You may not like the style but give credit where credit is due. These guys put tons of time and hours into these rides and they are killer, a bit over the top at times..but none the less very cool rides. In my opinion, if you put wires on a 510...do it up, dont try to mix styles it doesnt work. But i say keep the 510s as Tuners and leave the wires for the impalas and caddys etc....but as I have said , do as you please,it is your ride...

juicedPup5.jpg

• 6 years later...

Well,... My turn!!! Lol. They would look baaaaad! (As in real good!) How so?! Well, take ONLY that wire basket, even better in gold; BUT, you cannot, I repeat, CANNOT put the lowriddin' 520s tires on them on any 510s! No! You need letters, as in THE LETTERS that show on your tires, as when racing in the trac. In other words, take BF Goodrich Comp T/As (for example, or even Hoosiers, etc) and slap them on the D's with the brand name in white turned to the outside for everyone to see! That's it! Done deal! Or Photoshop it to see what I mean. 13x7s are 13x7s no matter what! Whether Daytons, Libres, etc!... Any thick or thin white wall or tire strip, instead of white bold racing style letter on tires with those rims on, will sicken anyone including myself. Why? Well, because we've all seen lowriders, and know what they're on. So, when we see the exact rims and tires on a 510- IT THROWS and TURNS US OFF! But in reality, it's because of the tires, NOT the wheels. I actually did think about that look on my 510 but only with the big white and bold ABCs facing out. ;-) Thurr ye geow.

You need letters, as in THE LETTERS that show on your tires, as when racing in the trac. In other words, take BF Goodrich Comp T/As (for example, or even Hoosiers, etc) and slap them on the D's with the brand name in white turned to the outside 

Sadly, no one makes them anymore, even BF Goodrich. I've been searching for months now to find anyone who makes a RWL 14" (or even 13") street tire. Hoosier racing tires (which generally aren't DOT legal) are the only ones I've found. 

It is true that 13x7 is 13x7 but a 13x7 -30 is going to have some fitment issues where as a 13x7 0 would be OK.

You can get most wire wheels in a 13x7 +0. They don't have to be a "reverse" (the -30 you mentioned). 

I think you can still get those tires (of course), it's just a matter of time and your $$ when the next batch start popping up.You just gotta stay on CL & eBay, and then be ready to jump on them and actually DO IT. Maybe some here will! Lol. Can't really wait to see!