Severance Day: NOT what You think!

Steroid

Mark just finished My doors!

duallydoorsready.jpg

I'll pick them up this weekend and install next week. After that, it gets crazy trying to get it presentable for the River Run!!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after working all night, I took 3 hours today to do this:

duallycut8.jpg

duallycut7.jpg

duallycut9.jpg

Mount the doors that Mark capped for Me. Also, I cranked the torshion bars down to lower the frontend, but without a motor and trans......... it just WOULDN'T go down!!!!!!!!!!! So what to do????????? Take 2 bags of cement, 8 brake drums, 12 torshion bars and a bunch of other metal and set it in the empty engine compartment to WEIGH IT DOWN ! ! ! ! ! Anyway, here is how the dually looks as of today.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Yes, that is a 1972 Chevy Vega WAGON rear bumper. I wanted to use one to add to the "feel" of the Chevy styled rear fenders. I also will be doing, someday, artwork in the filled bulletside area that will be a vintage Chevy theme.

• Like 1

A few more steps closer!! I worked the last 3 days on the dually. First, totally stripping out the cab.................seats, console, carpet and COINS!!! A bounty of pennies was found!!! Next, I did the final "adjusting" on the sheetmetal above the windshield and the rear cab areas to be capped. Today I powerwashed the engine bay and all underneath then installed a 1600 (for now) and 5 speed that I recently purchased. It goes tonight to Rich Boyett's shop for welding of a lengthened driveshaft, exhaust and the body welding. It should be done and hopefully running for the Parker show. Now I am going to eat a big bowl of ice cream and take a NAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If I was at the WigWam, however, I would definately be in the pool instead of eating ice cream)!!!!! Then a NAP!

• Like 1
A few more steps closer!! I worked the last 3 days on the dually. First, totally stripping out the cab.................seats, console, carpet and COINS!!! A bounty of pennies was found!!! Next, I did the final "adjusting" on the sheetmetal above the windshield and the rear cab areas to be capped. Today I powerwashed the engine bay and all underneath then installed a 1600 (for now) and 5 speed that I recently purchased. It goes tonight to Rich Boyett's shop for welding of a lengthened driveshaft, exhaust and the body welding. It should be done and hopefully running for the Parker show. Now I am going to eat a big bowl of ice cream and take a NAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If I was at the WigWam, however, I would definately be in the pool instead of eating ice cream)!!!!! Then a NAP!

Hah!

My aunt owns a bar in scappoose oregon called the WigWam.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Since Makya is back, I thought I'd bump it forward for Him to find and also give a progress report. I have purchased seats from an early VW, lowback buckets for the front and the rear seat, to install. The driveshaft is cut , welded and installed. All fuel, brake lines and wiring done. Next comes more "capping" and then later this week totally fiberglassing in the interior pieces.

Perry, I hope you are not too bummed, but thanks for helping Me finally build my dream truck!!!

• Like 1

just put me on the list mike, if you ever run across another one.:)

And like I told you, you are the one person I would trust with whatever you wanted to do to her. We all make our vehicles into an image of ourselves.

I do think the windshield looks a little tall though;)

Hi Perry. OK. You will also be invited to ride/drive Her if You ever get in Bullhead!!

Got rear brakes working today. Had to install new wheel cylinders in 107 degree heat!! Now they work. Maybe start it Sunday.

The VW seats are installed, front and back. They work well with the look!!

Off to bed!!!

Well, after MANY, MANY hours the last month or so...........................

duallycut11.jpg

duallycut12.jpg

I finally got to drive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, there are still some bugs to work out and it needs total primering, but what a milestone!!!

The truck from the bed forward was origionally yellow and painted over by Perry (Thanks, I received Your letter today) and naturally the capped doors came off of a red truck. I am hoping that by Wednesday night it will be all primered. The bathtub pieces will not be glassed in prior to the River Run but I fully plan to PLAY WITH IT this weekend. There are still many more hours to get it where I would like it to be. I plan to keep it primered for a long time. Maybe a custom "guide coat" but that's about it. I also plan to build a one piece removable roof later so stay tuned!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is how the dually turned out for the West Coast Nats.

duallyWCN3.jpg

duallyWCN2.jpg

duallyWCN1.jpg

It still has a long way to go but is now "presentable", drivable and FUN!! I will be doing another trick with the headlights and grille later but for now, I just installed My mega rare stock 2 headlight grille for the show. I think also that I will add a rubber lip to the bottom of the airdam for JCCS.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...