Wheres the flamer forum

Guest 510kamikazifreak

A guy at work just bought a new truck. Full size crew cab longbed 4x4. I don't know what brand, but its just discusting...

I almost felt bad for driving a 21mpg turbo car untill I saw that truck

Does he have a canopy on it? wouldn't want to haul anything with it! :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Damn, should read... I ride my bike about 6-8 Km...

I'm do'n my part to save gas so that some fat fuck in a hummer (who can afford it) can have it so he can drive three blocks to get his paper. I used to have to use premium gas in my Dart. Fifteen gallon tank was about $5 to fill or around 8 cents a liter, 32 cents a Canadian gallon.

:confused: 32 cents a gallon.Geez thats like ummm a the price of poop paper,:eek:

I ride my bike.................

......32 cents a Canadian gallon.

Off the subject just a little, but I gotta ask.

I know about the Imperial gallon [4.54609 Litres]

I know about the US gallon [3.7854 Litres]

But what's a Canadian Gallon?

You blokes are having a gripe about how long you are stuck in your Datsun each day, but I have the opposite problem, In don't get to drive mine often enough. A tankfull of fuel in my 1200 coupe will last me on average between one to two months. Every time I go to start it for the first time after another few weeks in the garage, I have to crank it over untill the carb fills with fuel as it has evaporated out & is near empty. *%#@&!

Once it starts, it takes only a mile or two to get the chill from its bones & the battery is coming back to full charge, & for the rest of the day, or weekend, it starts as soon as I hit the key, but I get to drive it on only two or three days a month, .... sometimes.

Like a secret lover, ... it's a great ride, but I don't get into it often enough.

This working six or seven days a week just sucks.

As for bicycles, I have about 20 at last count, with one dating back to pre 1910, but haven't been able to throw a leg over for a serious ride since 1988. God I look forward to retirement.

KB, Canada used to use the Imperial gallon also. We switched to the metric system in 1980 or so, I forget now as it's a long time ago! I'm one of the few up here in British Columbia that drive a Datsun 510 as a daily driver. Most of my friends now keep their cars as "collectors" items or as fair weather drivers. There aren't many left in repairable condition any longer.

I think it's a liter...at least that's the qty they sell by...

...I don't feel bad at all about daily driving my 8 mile to the gallon CJ5 (mildly built AMC 360), but my bank account winces in occasion :D

KB, Canada used to use the Imperial gallon also. We switched to the metric system in 1980 or so,
Ahhhh, now understand. When you wrote "Canadian Gallon" I thought it was a volume that is/ was unique to Canada, but there is really is no such thing at all. I suppose that this is what happens when someone invents the 'inter'-net & a pedantic SOB from the other side of the planet sticks his bib in. :eek: It really is a global village now.

]2eDeYe [you gotta explain that nick to me sometime]

I too have a skeleton in the garage. I love my little Datsuns to bits & have been a dedicated small Datsun man since I bought my B10 in March of 1980, but, well, .... I bought my Dodge in 1967 & it waits patiently for me still. [thats right, I have had it for 40 years] This will be the sixth engine in its lifetime & it's a Dodge. [the original, & a replacement flathead, plus a Canadian 'A' series, a 'B' block & an 'LA' Mopar engine & now this one] I always wanted a true 'Dodge' V8 in my Dodge & now I have one. This project awaits the completion of the current KB10. I can handle only one job at a time.

th_biggeravitar.jpg

I can't let this car go as it is one of about 35 to 40 in this particular body style that remain, ...... anywhere.

I bought the car & took my first girlfriend out in it. I even married her, .... & I still have the car.

Hey, one out of two aint a total loss.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Kool a Hemi ,Now that is some serious mopar power;)

At least she did not take the car from you knowing how much you liked it ,

At least the car will not talk back to you :D

Yes, a Hemi, but Dodge hemi, not a Chrysler. It's a 1957 D500 [325 cube] & when I got it home I discovered it was a Police special.

When I found myself on my own again, I had already gifted my ex the house [with its remaining morgage] & all its contents. I kept all my personal posessions, including the contents of the garage, & started again. That was back in about 1975/ '76 or so. Asking for more was beyond what she even dared to even think about. I was just 26 years old at the time.

Lets face it, if she had argued, remembering that there was just the two of us, & I was entitled to half of everything, she could only lose, & she had a registered car of her own, I didn't.

Now, 30 years later, I have been on my own again for the last 10 years or so & have gifted away another house [fully paid for this time]

Maybe this is why I drive a Datsun 1200 & not a new Chrysler 300C.

Ahhhhhh Datsun value, ... it can't be beat.

Somebody told me that what I needed was a GOOD woman, ... & I needed her 'BAD'.

I'm still trying to figure out just exactly what he meant.

In my mid teens, I had visions of 'inheriting' my dad's old '51 Chev when he bought a new car. Indeed, we lived about six miles from the GM plant in Oshawa and everyone worked and drove their products. But my dad sold it to our next door neighbor, and bought a one year old '64 Dodge slant six. And so with that purchase, I became a Dodge Boy. All my friend at school were pro GM and I was pretty much by myself. In '68 my dad bought a Valiant and I got the '64 and proceeded to make an adapter for the intake, and installed a 318 2 bbl on it. Next was to split the front and rear cylinders and run a dual exhaust with straight through Walker mufflers (they didn't muffle at all!). This allowed it to keep up with a friends '66 Chevelle 283, but only up to 90, nothing I did could make that car go faster... Oh well. In early '70 I bought my first car (not a hand me down). A '70 Dart 340 Swinger, four speed. With 10.5 to 1 compression and conservatively rated at 273 HP (a friend with same motor dynoed it at just under 300 hp absolutely stock). We used to go down town Friday evening when one of the locals would back his race Hemi out of his shed and load on the trailer, and prepare for the trip down to Cayuga for the drag races on Saturday. BBBRRRRAAAAAAAAPP, BBRRAAP, BRAP, BRAP I swear the whole town shook when that blue '66 Coronet lit up! 426 inches of ground pounding Hemi would back down the driveway, onto the street, and with a few heart stopping blips of the throttle, up onto the trailer to be tied down. Eventually some dick complained, (technically it was illegal) and the police put a stop to this practice.

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Yes, a Hemi, but Dodge hemi, not a Chrysler. It's a 1957 D500 [325 cube] & when I got it home I discovered it was a Police special.

When I found myself on my own again, I had already gifted my ex the house [with its remaining morgage] & all its contents. I kept all my personal posessions, including the contents of the garage, & started again. That was back in about 1975/ '76 or so. Asking for more was beyond what she even dared to even think about. I was just 26 years old at the time.

Lets face it, if she had argued, remembering that there was just the two of us, & I was entitled to half of everything, she could only lose, & she had a registered car of her own, I didn't.

Now, 30 years later, I have been on my own again for the last 10 years or so & have gifted away another house [fully paid for this time]

Maybe this is why I drive a Datsun 1200 & not a new Chrysler 300C.

Ahhhhhh Datsun value, ... it can't be beat.

Somebody told me that what I needed was a GOOD woman, ... & I needed her 'BAD'.

I'm still trying to figure out just exactly what he meant.

Now thats some good ole horseys you have in the garage with the early Hemi,

damn you have gifted a couple houses to the xwifes club, So is it 3rd time lucky or 3 strikes your out now man.:eek:

Keep the Datsun, ditch the ..... J/K If you gave it away you must have split on agreeable terms. And that is a good thing.

My first wife got what ever didn't fit in the back of my 521. I loved that truck. Need I say more?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Well heres a fooking rant , too the mother fookers that want the ultimate 510 for not much i am selling my goon here locally and well, the bs people ask and shit is driving me fooking NUTS,I am getting ready to get a sawzall out and tear it down then post the pics just to piss em off,( I hate STOOPID people), i took it off a few places and shit they still bug me ARG

anyone need some parts:confused: :mad:

Thats my Rant for today

now back to regular scheduled programing

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Lou, I assumed you would take your goon with you WTF? Over.

Did you say you had some parts f/s too... got a list?

Mike,I am only going to take the Orange car ,no need to take more baggage than I need,I am only selling the stuff I got for the goon,or the goon or part the goon(doesnt matter anymore fed up with some people)

I will sell it whole or not no biggie,it does come with a good rear bumper and also a crappy one,it comes with a good front one aswell also a not so good one,blah blah blah ,its a bc beater so you know what to expect

would like to keep the weber and dizzy,

All for a Pricely sum of 500 with out carb and dizzy ,and stock wheels on it(this is why I am pissed off and really really pondering cutting it up just for the fook of it):cool: