I need a L1300cc valve cover!

vgwagon

As title say's, I have a 68 510 1300cc, but the dealer that serviced it before I bought it stole the original valve cover. The cover looks the same as the 1600cc cover but obviously has 1300cc on top.

I'm also in need of an oem 68 voltage regulator and headlight relay.

Willing to pay top dollar for the valve cover.

Let me know what you got.

DSC00561%20(Small).JPG

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! You have one of the first 510's imported. Supposedly the first dozen or so 510's were produced in '67 for the '68 model year (and sold as '68s) with L13 engines as the L16 wasn't ready yet. Other differences are 3-on-the-tree, bench seat front, 4.11 rear diff, drums all around and a sweep style speedo only reading to 100mph.

510 1300 brochure

Oh, yeah, if you're not already a member, join and post on the Bluebirds mailing list.

If you want to get bummed out :( Stick to the realm and here for 510 info, I'm with Hainz mailing lists are a pain in the ass!!

I will keep an eye out for the valve cover :D

If you want to get bummed out :( Stick to the realm and here for 510 info, I'm with Hainz mailing lists are a pain in the ass!!

Each (mailing lists and forums) has their use. I figure it's better to ask everywhere you can, especially when the part isn't so common. I'm guessing a 1300 valve cover isn't common. Yes? No? Bueller?

Besides, you can easily unsubscribe once you score the part. :cool:

Each (mailing lists and forums) has their use. I figure it's better to ask everywhere you can, especially when the part isn't so common. I'm guessing a 1300 valve cover isn't common. Yes? No? Bueller?

Besides, you can easily unsubscribe once you score the part. :cool:

True, I just ment in general. There sight reminds me of work. A bunch of old guys that bring me down... I do enjoy reading your posts though :) most are which are lies outside the "list rules of order" I personally don't see what the big deal is. That's why we have the "other" section :) I read it just to make sure I'm not missing any good info, sometimes I post but not much.

True, I just ment in general. There sight reminds me of work. A bunch of old guys that bring me down... I do enjoy reading your posts though :) most are which are lies outside the "list rules of order" I personally don't see what the big deal is. That's why we have the "other" section :) I read it just to make sure I'm not missing any good info, sometimes I post but not much.

Hater :P

Anyway, 1300 Valve covers are pretty rare, most people will hold on to them just for the coolness/ scarcity factor. I always liked rocking a 1600 VC, no matter if the motor was a L18 or L20B, I would have definitely ran the 1300 B-)

Possibly maybe a search from Mexican salvage yards may find you one? I think they had the L13 for a longer period of time than we did.