Guest jaimesix

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do the 710s look so good without front bumpers?

After I got my 710 home and jacked up to 'look it over' removing the bumpers was the first thing I did to it. They are horrid looking. Which reminds me a guy on the realm knows where there's an early hardtop (Canadian) that has the happy smile ft. and rear bumpers on it. They aren't like the JDM with the turn signals in the front, but they smile. Frontsmile.gif and rearsmile.gif

After I got my 710 home and jacked up to 'look it over' removing the bumpers was the first thing I did to it. They are horrid looking. Which reminds me a guy on the realm knows where there's an early hardtop (Canadian) that has the happy smile ft. and rear bumpers on it. They aren't like the JDM with the turn signals in the front, but they smile. Frontsmile.gif and rearsmile.gif

I love me the smiley bumpers on a 710/Violet :)

here's another jdm goon for comp

note the fenders, grill and valance are not the same as usa

9pz9j7.jpg

yeah thats one thing i never understood the us 610 with the park benches had the same sheet metal as the jdm cars except for the valance but the 710 got entirely new fenders to i dont get it

• 1 month later...

hey this thread needs to be moved out of "other Datsuns & Nissans" and in to the 610/710 area

It's about time........ .. :rolleyes:

I'm putting 280zx struts in my 710 goon.... with 510 spring perches welded on,,, and some 1.5" lowering springs.... and 1" bump-steer spacers

510 top hats,,,, no camber plates.... maybe adjustable control arms if the camber needs adjusting.......... .. the stock 710 brakes are:, , meh.... :lol:

280zx strut with a 510 spring perch:

8579.JPG

Well, I can't pass up a post about 710's

I've just finished restoring Vin # 000026 which has lived it's whole life on the track. Originally a school car for Bob Bondurant, when retired from school, the car was converted to a B sedan car in the Bay area and ran with SCCA for an undetermained amount of time.

Car was completely disassembled, media blasted and freshened from end to end. Currently running an L16 motor and dogleg tranny, a 2.2 motor and Z transmission is in the works.

Here is a link to some pictures http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac203/827570/Datsun%20710/

Steve