350Z SR20DET Drift Car Build :)

KA620

Yes this is for real! We are in the midst of building the roll cage for our 350z to Formula D rule standards.

The car is going to primarily be a competition drift car which I (Alex) will be driving. I will be documenting progress on http://www.AlexVillabrille.com as well as through this thread. I was able to get some semi-sponsorships to help with the build from Daryl Alison at JustDriven.com, M1 Autosports, and Dynamic Autosports.

I do not have my license yet but have been practicing and once the car is ready will go out to get my license.

Attached are some teaser shots for your viewing pleasure:

May 7th:

attachment.php?attachmentid=13913&d=1241756250

img_0975.jpg

img_0979.jpg

img_0985.jpg

May 8th:

img_0986.jpg

img_0987.jpg

May 9th:

img_0991.jpg

img_0992.jpg

Roll Cage COMPLETED!!! May 12th:

img_1000.jpg

img_0999.jpg

img_1002.jpg

img_1003.jpg

img_1004.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The vq motor is heavier and the sr20 in the engine bay makes things so much easier to work on and do maintenance when we need to.

Plus we already have a completely built and proven drivetrain that is making 508whp so there was no need tear into the v6, upgrade to all forged and then still have to buy a turbo setup.

Skib: We plan to have the car ready and running by mid to late June and start getting as much seat time as possible.

The VQ is just sitting here in the corner of the shop. It was an automatic so i sold the trans but i have the complete engine with all accessories, harness, ecu, ignition as well. I will sell it for the right offer. The engine only has 16,755 miles and ran great.

Hey Alex. So that is why you called for the trailer,

You RAT!!!!!!!!!! I wanna drive it :D And can you make the pic's a little bigger I can't really see the girl in that one pic.

JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell man i didnt even know you went on any forums you old fart!!

You will get a chance to drive it just like you drove the silver z at autox... and thats my girlfriend, too young for you, she will give you a heart attack!! :)

JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell man i didnt even know you went on any forums you old fart!!

You will get a chance to drive it just like you drove the silver z at autox... and thats my girlfriend, too young for you, she will give you a heart attack!! :)

Hey, I get arround a little, I'm not dead yet. :lol: As far as a heart attack I don't mind.

Well i got ahold of some Sparo Pro2000 Seats and aluminum sidemounts for this beast :) I will be going to pick them up tomorrow and snap a few pics to put up on the site as well.

Cant wait to have this car tearing up the track!!!

Well I went to Pro-Motion Distrbuting on Friday and picked up their final stock of the Sparco Pro2000 Seats as well as some aluminum side mounts.

I also got my Momo steering wheel hub but still trying to decide on which steering wheel to do with...

Keep your eye out for the ETB Instruments DigiDash coming soon :)

Check the seats out:

img_1040-225x300.jpg